1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffalo Heartbeat

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Rraalph 3000, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Read something about Cabral being back some old Coach Mac traditions including the Buffalo Heartbeat before games....I'm assuming that was what the band kept playing with the drums that kept pumping up the team and getting everyone to clap their hands in the 2nd half??

Was very cool and liked the fans catching on and clapping their hands together with the team...definitely something I hope that stays for good

2. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

No, the buffalo heartbeat takes place inside Dal Ward before a game. The entire team literally beats on the walls at the same time.

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Would be a really cool thing to add to the bands repertoire and the gameday experience... Wonder what our former players think of the idea??

4. AlferdJasper

I haven't witnessed it, only heard it described. I think it is more of a team bonding, warrior experience, not a musical interlude. I don't know what the band could play that would equal it.

5. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Drum banging I'd assume. But it was awesome getting pumped up with the rest of the team through the band.

6. AlferdJasper

they are just using their fists on the walls. that's all I know.

7. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I'm figuring it's a bunch of pounding/banging that sounds exactly like what those drums did.....and the fact that the entire team started clapping in synch when the band started banging the drums like that, it's gotta be the buffalo heartbeat?? (not to mention it sounded like a heartbeat, did it not?)

8. AlferdJasper

I know a player or two. I'll ask them if the two sounds were related.

Either way, I like your idea. I was thinking how some schools have these various things they do with the crowd, like the tomahawk, or the waving wheat.

What I WANT to do is stomp my feet and have a BUFFALO STAMPEDE, but our floorboards are soundproof or something. At the Mullen/Chap game Friday, the students were stomping and it was a cool sound. I think they were trying to stay warm.

We need that: buffalo heartbeat, buffalo stampede, but we need a way to make it LOUD.

9. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Part of the big difference post-Hawk. Football is an emotional game, guys play above their abilities based on ability. Hawk tried to suppress the emotion and we got beat because of it.

I am in favor of anything that gets the players to play at their maximum ability, worry about next week next week. Put all you have into it and win today and next week takes care of itself.

The team has come out with and sustained better emotion the past two weeks than we have seen in most games for the past five years.

10. FlaBuff

FlaBuff I drive a Dodge Stratus! Club Member

Find out if cabral shut down that disco room the players exited through too.

11. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Nah we do it to make noise. Always loved doing that at the games, man I miss them...to an extent.

12. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

:lol:

saw that thing when i got a tour of new locker rooms

13. FlaBuff

FlaBuff I drive a Dodge Stratus! Club Member

yeah, they took us in there last year before the neb game, but this year we had no contact with the team before the UGa game. We were oddly seperated from the team, which I thought strange, but I guess paranoia was gripping the former hc by then.