1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffs #19 in Lindy's Preseason Mag

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by 93Buff, Sep 21, 2016.

1. 93Buff

93Buff Member

Notre Dame #22
    Xavier
    UCLA #13
    Arizona #10
    Xavier #9
    Oregon #1

hokiehead likes this.
  2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Wow. When was the last time we started the season ranked?

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Oregon #1?

Pshhhh. I don't think so.

CVilleBuff and CarolinaBuff like this.
  4. StormTrooper

StormTrooper Millennial Liason Club Member

Have to see if we're in the AP Poll, but the last (and only) time that happened was 1969-70. They were close in 2013 and 2014.

hokiehead likes this.
  5. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

Immediately makes me question the credibility of the list - unfortunate, as I want to believe in that rise as well!

CitizenKane likes this.
  6. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Oregon has the best backcourt in the P12 and one of the top 5 in the nation. Anyone who doesn't think they're a final four contender isn't paying attention.

scoob and dyemeduke like this.
  7. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

Yeah, while I don't agree that they're number 1 preseason, I can completely understand why a magazine would consider them so. I haven't really thought about it, but off the top of my head, Oregon is should be considered top 5-10. Arizona should be up there too. .... ...but hate to say it, I think Duke and Kentucky have to be preseason Top 3.

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I think it's fair to go into every season thinking that Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina and Kansas are among the best teams. :D

My pick this season is UConn, though. I think everyone will have them in the 10-20 range in the preseason, but I love their squad.

9. 99'Buff

99'Buff Active Member

This is Altman's first season at Oregon where nearly everybody is returning. They have some serious talent. Already counting down the days until Tad and CU takes care of the #1 team in the nation on January 28th.

CitizenKane likes this.
  10. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Buffs play Duke on 1/28/17 ????

11. 99'Buff

99'Buff Active Member

Oregon has as good a chance as Duke to be #1 at that point, based on their respective schedules. They only play 1 true road game out of conference (@RaypeU), although Maui will be tough. Then they start Pac-12 play in fairly easy fashion leading up to the game in Boulder (USC/UCLA at home, @Washington schools, OSU, Cal, Stanford at home, @Utah). I could easily see them sitting at 18-2 or 19-1 heading to Boulder.

Duke's schedule is more challenging, with games @Louisville, @UNLV, Kansas/Florida in NY, Michigan St, etc. I see Duke at 17-3 at that point.

12. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

You guys are making me rethink putting Oregon 3rd. I think my blinding hate for Altman and stupid duck fans in general is forcing me to hope they seriously underachieve thus year.

On second thought . **** you Altman. Hope you can overachieve and finish 3rd riggt before you lose your first game in the dance.

CitizenKane likes this.
  13. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Have a hard time buying Oregon #1. No doubt they're loaded. Not seeing an Oregon natty in the cards.

14. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Really need at least one of the frosh to be the truth to justify this ranking