1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffs are 4 point dogs @ USC

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by CaliBuff901, Oct 2, 2016.

1. CaliBuff901

CaliBuff901 Active Member

I'm not surprised, especially now that Oregon lost again and USC handled ASU easily. I would be shocked if the line doesn't inch closer to 3 or 2 by kickoff.

2. BarackObama

BarackObama Active Member

We will learn a lot about how good we are from this game. USC has a really good D-line and a good running game. If we can win the line of scrimmage in this game, I think the Buffs will have a special season.

3. StormTrooper

StormTrooper Millennial Liason Club Member

I think the line will be around 7 by kickoff. People respect their name more than our ranking.

Big Jim, Shldr2Shldr and Alfred91 like this.
  4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Seems right

TDforTD likes this.
  5. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

I agree. We're still a doormat in a lot of people's eyes, maybe a nice story. We have more winning to do to make believers.

6. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I see it widening as well. As good as we've played, it's a tall order to win at a USC team that is loaded with talent.

7. HawaiiBUFF

HawaiiBUFF Well-Known Member

Can't agree more with everyone. I still have the "cautious optimism" mentality just from all the times I've been repeatedly kick in the marbles for the past 10 seasons ('11 grad). I haven't seen a winning season since I arrived on campus in '07 and have never had the pleasure of a bowl win. Losing for that long has made feel like a door mat.

Just like I said when we were up 21-7 against Michigan and again against the Ducks, they are still Big Blue and the Ducks, just like USC is still USC. If we beat them in their house even with their 2-3 record, than I will feel confident in every game we play for the rest of the season. I thought Michigan was a big game, did I expect to win, no, but I wanted a close game. Than, I felt like Oregon was a huge game, did I expect to win, maybe, and we did. I feel like this USC game is huge especially because after we get ASU at home the following week.

If we somehow pull off the win in Los Angeles this weekend, than I think we beat ASU leaving us, 6-1 (4-0) and Top-15 in the nation. Not to mention bowl eligible. All I want is that!

GO BUFFS.

iSmellChip likes this.
  8. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

Make no mistake, the Sam Darnold led Trojans are vastly superior to the Max Browne led Trojans that got trounced early on. Darnold is also a mobile QB, something that the CU defense hasn't yet faced this year.

Big Jim likes this.
  9. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

Got em right where we want em

10. Rob the Buff

Rob the Buff Well-Known Member

I love the fact that they are an underdog. This team has used that motivation to stay focused this whole year.

The fact is though that USC beat a team with no defense and their second string QB whio was attrocious. In addition, CU has beat the spead every game this year. Every game.

Take the points, see if anyone will give you odds on a CU win straight up.

CU wins by more than 10. You heard it here first.

Tractor likes this.
  11. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

USC will be fired up at the chance to beat a ranked team. I'll imagine we will need to weather a storm in the first quarter.

12. TDforTD

TDforTD Banned BANNED Club Member

4 on the road @USC after they just trounced ASU actually seems like a lot of respect. That's nearly a toss-up in their minds which is how I feel even as a kool-aid drinker.

Buffalo Born and scoob like this.
  13. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

Oh, there'll be a storm, all right.

DBT and Buffalo Born like this.
  14. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

It's gonna be a tough game. I'll be there, if I can get the gumption to deal with the gawdammm traffic and parking issues. My daughter is flying out from Boulder with her boyfriend for this; so are many other CU students. This would be the extra signature game that the Buffs need. SC has a bit of its swagger back. I could choose instead to walk next door to my SC-loving friend who is having a party for the game. IF YOU ARE BETTING, here is a hint: Buffs have covered the Vegas line every time through the first 5 games.

15. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

WTTF.

BuffPride88 likes this.
  16. married2abuff

married2abuff Club Member Club Member

The key is going to be how we handle the blitz. USC can bring it and all I remember from the Michigan game was how they dialed up the pressure once Sefo went down. Now I'm not comparing USC's defense to Michigan's, but it was clearly an issue for us. I'm sure it will be a focus for Adams and our big boys. Assuming Sefo's healthy, is he the better choice to handle the pressure? (perhaps the question belongs in the Sefo vs Montez thread). If we can weather the storm, I like our chances. But if they get to the QB early, it could be a long afternoon.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Burrito Palazzo likes this.
  17. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

It's about to get serious for the Buffs the next 3-4 games. Going to find out if the rise is real.

18. Burrito Palazzo

It is real, **** off troll.

BuffNut99, BuffsNYC and TDforTD like this.
  19. BuffSurveyor

Hold on there little Bean Burrito and back off the Kool Aide. Time will tell if the rise is real. Call me in 3 weeks and I'll have the answer.

20. Burrito Palazzo

Wrong as usual, nub. The question isn't whether or not it's real, the question is how high?

21. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

I have the answer now of who squeals louder, your mom or your wife. would you like some video?

Alfred91 likes this.
  22. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

we can win this game at usc. we can. there isn't a team left on the schedule that we simply can't beat and there isn't a team left on the schedule that can't beat us.

usc is playing better every week and they have the athletes to be very, very good. on the road, against a team we've never beaten, who has more athletes and depth, and who is also trending up... that's a big ask. i will say this: if our Buffs win this, it will be a very important win for this team and for the program. expectations are going to go up 10000% with a win. we're in for some bumps this season-- there are just too many good teams ahead of us and we're simply not all the way back yet. but, every week, we can compete and we can win. so, let's go get these guys. a win over usc would be a big deal, coming from where we've been these last 10 years.

23. snakeyman

snakeyman Snake Charmer Club Member

I love liver

24. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

With fava beans?

25. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

And a nice chianti.

26. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

Stay away man.... Stay away.... He loves women with hairy armpits and trust funds....

27. Buffalo Born

Buffalo Born Member

To answer the question yes Sefo is better, he will see it pre snap and carve them up. Sefo has had this game circled for a year, he wants it bad and this team will be fired up.

FlatironsBuff likes this.
  28. 89BUFF89

89BUFF89 Well-Known Member

Good, stay humble and shock the PAC

29. BuffSurveyor

Just to be clear. The women are required to have large trust funds. I've seen some very attractive European women with hairy armpits that no one would kick of bed for eating crackers. So yes, I'll allow some hair in the armpits under certain conditions.

Is the rise real? We'll find out in 3 weeks.

30. married2abuff

married2abuff Club Member Club Member

That's the way I'm leaning too.