What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs at the Olympics- Detail schedules, information and race discussion

Just switched over to the Women's Mountain Bike, and one of the 1st things I hear the announcers say is that Buff alum Katerinia Nash is "in the mix".

At the 2.5 lap time check, looks like Ms. Nash was in 6th, I believe it said she was 16- 17 seconds behind a 3 person lead group.

At the 3 lap mark (which is per the announcers the 1/2 way mark to the finish), Ms. Nash is still around 17 seconds back in 6th, and is now part of a group of 4 riders just joined together which will now try to reel in the 3 leaders.

At the end of lap 4, Ms. Nash is ~58 seconds back of the leaders in 6th place and in a group with 2 other riders. One of the 3 person lead group fell behind the lead group and is only ~30 seconds ahead of Ms. Nash's chase group, so I'd think (admittingly knowing NOTHING about mountain biking) she at minimum has a chance to be in contention for a bronze medal by the end if she's feeling strong.

At the bell, a couple Canadians (including a favorite) took out ahead from Ms. Nash's group, so the Buff is 19 seconds behind the current 3rd place racer. Still, she is in 5th so, even if she can't gain a couple places, what a great race. One more lap to go.

At the finish, Katerinia Nash does end up where she was, in 5th. What a great job by her and all 4 female Olympic Buffs, all with top 10 finishes in the Olympics!!!!

Note- We'll be hearing more from the 2 runner Buffs (Coburn and Simpson) pretty soon, as I believe they are both in Paris preparing for next Saturday's Diamond League meet there.

Back