What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"Buffs Eyeing Game at Yankee Stadium".....

4DemBuffs

Most admired poster
Club Member
That would be a great road trip.

KANSAS CITY, MO. — Colorado is in negotiations with CSTV to play a football game in Yankee Stadium, athletic director Mike Bohn said during the Big 12 spring meetings here today.
The year and opponent are uncertain, Bohn said. Colorado's schedules are filled through 2013. However, Army appears a likely opponent. The Cadets, from nearby West Point, N.Y., will play the first game at the new Yankee Stadium Nov. 20 against Notre Dame.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_15211636

This is the type of **** Bohn is good at.... now he's got to find a coach and a team that can ****ing WIN

I once watched a boxing match at a bar in Dublin, Ireland on St. Patricks Day.
An Irish boxer (white) went up against a Brittish boxer (black). The Irish fighter cleaned up.

This NYC match-up reminds me of that match-up. The locals will back the Cadets, who serve our country and bunk just up the river in west point. CU will be framed as the BCS powerhouse drunken rapists who won a national championship using a bunch of thugs. The announcers will mention that the last time CU played a service academy was 1972, and those anti-war hippies of Boulder rioted, thereby ending the in-state series.

The camera will pan on the prim and proper steely eyed cadets in juxtaposition with some blond haired trustafarian in dreadlocks, covered in body paint who is clearly spewing forth profanity.

This kind of drama can only end poorly for CU.

I'm in.

Yike. Black and gold vs. Black and gold. Better get those uni choices narrowed down early, or expect a LOT of turnovers.

I once watched a boxing match at a bar in Dublin, Ireland on St. Patricks Day.
An Irish boxer (white) went up against a Brittish boxer (black). The Irish fighter cleaned up.

This NYC match-up reminds me of that match-up. The locals will back the Cadets, who serve our country and bunk just up the river in west point. CU will be framed as the BCS powerhouse drunken rapists who won a national championship using a bunch of thugs. The announcers will mention that the last time CU played a service academy was 1972, and those anti-war hippies of Boulder rioted, thereby ending the in-state series.

The camera will pan on the prim and proper steely eyed cadets in juxtaposition with some blond haired trustafarian in dreadlocks, covered in body paint who is clearly spewing forth profanity.

This kind of drama can only end poorly for CU.

I'm in.

You're right. They better play that game someplace where it will be harder for Philly to make the trip. Or at least take away his dreadlock wig before he gets in the gate....

Another Toledo like embarrasment?

Maybe. It's definately a trap. Too early to tell. CU doesn't do very well in the Eastern time zone.

By 2013, there is little chance Coach Hawkins will still be around.

The Black Knights will definately be wearing the white hat. That's for sure. Even should CU win, the penalties and undisciplined fans will cause CU to lose hearts and minds. The broadcast announcers will absolutely suck. Guaranteed.

[video=youtube;piVnArp9ZE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piVnArp9ZE0&feature=related[/video]

I'm i! - Hawkins will either be gone by then or the team will have "cleaned up the little things" and Hawkins will be on a roll and things will have started to "pop" so I don't think we will be embarrassed by Army. Its a great way to build the CU brand. I like the idea.

Hope it includes a return date from Army at Folsom. They're a good draw that is likely to get us on national TV if we're good. Either way, I'm in and will make this roadie if it happens.

Who would have thought that CU might someday face Army in Yankee ****ing Stadium before playing Air Force somewhere inside the Colorado state lines.

While I appriciate the excuse to visit the Big Apple to see the Buffs play Army, it's been a long standing desire to watch CU play the Zoomies for a home and away series.

Given that I have tons of free places to stay in and around NYC... **** ya I want this to happen.

I'm in! NYC in the fall. Guaranteed national exposure ... and by then Colorado will be good again and will dominate.
Bring back the Pigskin Classic or the Kickoff Classic, and let's go! :thumbsup:

Given that I have tons of free places to stay in and around NYC... **** ya I want this to happen.

When are you finally going to man up and learn to pay your own freight, you quarrelsome self-important freeloading worthless ninny know-it-all bitch?:smile2:

Back