What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs Finish Eighth At Own Silverado Showdown

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
NAPA, Calif. – Senior Jenny Coleman recorded her second consecutive 68 to help the University of Colorado move up one more position to finish in eighth place at the inaugural Silverado Showdown here Tuesday. The co-host Buffaloes were just ten strokes away from cracking into the top five, shooting 32-over par 896 (301-299-296) at the Silverado Resort and Spa.

As they did after Monday’s first 36 holes, Pac-12 schools continued to dominate the tournament, claiming five of the top six spots in the final standings. Golfstat’s (4/9) 11th-ranked team, Washington, was the only team to finish under par, shooting 3-under par 861 to earn the team title. Top-ranked Southern California was the runner-up at 10-over par 874. No. 20 Northwestern was just two strokes behind at 12-over par 876. Oregon State finished fourth at 19-over par 883, while Arizona and tournament co-host Oregon, ranked ninth and 34th, respectively, tied for fifth with 22-over par 886s.

“You just never know with golf,” CU head coach Anne Kelly said of the Buffs’ slow start. “Sometimes you start out well and fizzle out at the finish. I’m proud of the whole team in general that they had a good finish to the day. It was a good score for us. I still don’t think we’ve hit on all cylinders yet, but I’m looking forward to that opportunity.”

Read more...

Back