What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs first 5 before KU at home.

Mick Ronson

Mizzou
@K State
OSU
@NU
@OU

KU
@Baylor

2 home games, 3 roadies. 2 ranked teams, a team CU has struggled against since time began (OSU) and two road venues not kind to the Buffs.

i think heading into the KU game (with the roadie to Baylor next up)....CU needs to be at minimum 3-2. First two are the toughest....pretty much mailing in @KSU and would take a great effort even at home to beat a very good MU team and Denmon. NU has a gaudy 12-2 OOC but no real quality wins IMO (maybe USC in Lincoln) but their slate is cupcake city. I don't think we know how good/bad NU is. Possible. OU is terrible but CU hasn't won in Norman since Reagan was in his first term. That ends this year, I think. Should handle OSU at home, IMO.

I pencil in a sweep of the OK teams and one win over either MU or @NU. Then, bring on the blue weasels with wings.

it is going to be really tough to be 3-2 heading into that game, considering we are a bad road team in the past.

i agree, but here's the punchline.....

the next 7 games, CU plays 5 ranked teams that bookends with #3 KU...and that's not counting the trip to Waco. BU currently unranked at 10-3 (losses to Gonzaga, @Wazzou, Florida State).

KU (3)
@BU
ISU
@MU (9)
ATM (16)
K State (17)
@KU (3)

I don't see a lot of gimmies there, minus ISU. 2/9 and 2/12, ATM and KSU....is a big big home week for the Buffs.

edit: looking at BU's schedule, they have played exactly one road game....some of these have to be "tournament" games....but, that's far out.

Last edited:
A 9-7 record in Big 12 play would be awesome for the Buffs since it would get us 20 wins. I don't know if that will be enough for a NCAA invite.

A 9-7 record in Big 12 play would be awesome for the Buffs since it would get us 20 wins. I don't know if that will be enough for a NCAA invite.

We'd likely be on the bubble and need to win at least 1 game (probably 2) in the Big 12 tourney.

As far as RPI goes it would only get us to 19 wins as Western New Mexico doesn't count since their D2. But a winning record in the Big 12 will look good. Would be a bubble team at that point and would probably need 2 wins in the Big 12 tourney. If they get that far the loss vs. San Francisco will hurt.

Even if we went 8-8 in conference play and won one conference tourney game, we would still get to 20 wins. 20 wins should be CU's goal for years to come.

Being in the top half of the Big 12 would get us consideration for the NCAA tourney, regardless of 20 wins or not.

20 wins is a landmark from the past when fewer games were played and there were far fewer teams in D-1 (there weren't any Directional State that's not a really a state Tech's or Oakland's or Longwood's). and people didn't play D-2 teams. today, it's a cosmetic number. lots of teams make the NCAA with less than 20, lots miss with 20, etc. the advent of the RPI (which the committee either uses or doesn't use, they tell us) was a corrective for the explosion of new teams into D-1 and subsequent schedule padding.

I still think we can go 3-2 by sweeping the Okies. Beating NU would be an added bonus but the biggest prize of them is KSU.

CU might struggle in the rebounding department and obviously the post position against K-State.... But I think has the edge offensively and athletic-wise, as far as getting up and down the court and also having the depth and solid enough bench to pick up any slack from the starters... K-State is probably P-iss_ed off from last year too, and not to mention they are on the downward spiral as of late. Move the ball up and down the court and shoot 50 percent like we have been, and CU could come away with a 10 point win, or less... I don't think it would be more than a dozen, such as the Mizzou game. CU matched up great against the Tigers and executed. Just as Boyle asked of them. We beat Nebraska on the road for sure, and get one at home against OSU, but K-State game is up for grabs with CU on the road. At Oklahoma I can see a frustrating loss, but winnable game, at home against KU, let's finally upset them again.... and Baylor is a toss up... GO BUFFS!

Back