What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs Host Pair Of Ranked Opponents

Appears she was in Boulder either last weekend or the one before. Taylor's replacement as a freshman?

Appears she was in Boulder either last weekend or the one before. Taylor's replacement as a freshman?

Hopefully we won't need to put that kind of pressure on a freshman, although if she (or any of the 2015 Buffs) are good enough , that's fine for me.

Currently our newest recruit (and the young woman from Canada I mentioned today who also committed to the Buffs) are Middle blockers, while Taylor is an Outside Hitter. So, to take over Taylor's position (or more accurately to be the #2 outside hitter behind Alexis Austin), either Ms. Aju or Ms. Leaw would need to change position. However, now that you mention this, I know the Pac 12 commentators often say Alexis Austin was a middle blocker in high school, so this position change is definitely something Coach Kritza has done in the past.

Last edited:
The Buffs have 2 other 2015 verballed recruits that are already outside hitters. I don't think the coaches would look at converting a middle to an outside when they have outsides. The conversion process takes quite a bit of time. If you remember what Alexis was like in her freshman year and compare that to what we saw this past weekend. Also they have frosh Stephanie Shadley, who has mostly played in the back row so far this season, is an outside hitter also. No one of these players will be able to immediately replace Taylor Simpson who is a top level player who has already spent some time in the National Team camp. But, as Aztec says, the replacement will be taking over the OH2 spot with Alexis taking on the OH1 role.

Last edited:
Whoever is the other OH next season will have some big shoes to fill. I do think some of the early losses came because the only big gun the Buffs had was Taylor (when Alexis was injured).

Back