1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffs in Seattle

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by NYbuffDIEHARD, Mar 3, 2015.

1. NYbuffDIEHARD

NYbuffDIEHARD Active Member

Well I don't know why but I am going to go to the game Thursday here in Seattle. I do actually know why and that is that I bleed black and gold and any time the Buffs are a 10 minute ride away I have to make a point to go support the teams, including the 59-7 loss at Husky stadium 2 seasons ago. Although Paul Richardson had his first real Seattle highlight that cold wet night. Long catch and run for a TD on a gimpy ankle. Anyway, I digress....

Someone convince me we will win this game. The Huskies are terrible but I still feel zero confidence in our team on the road. GO BUFFS!!!

BuffNut99 likes this.
  2. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

The huskies are terrible and hopefully DT, Jhop & Fletch play as well as they did sunday. They need to start picking up the slack of jelly & xj who Im suspecting are still dealing with injury issues.

3. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

I have no confidence in CU on the road, but UW is 1-9 since their win in Boulder and haven't won a home game since January 18th. If nothing else, it'll probably be a close game.

4. Eggon

Eggon Club Member Club Member

Chance for you to see in person if the youngest Buffs can continue to make progress. I think Fletch, JHop and Thomas are making a little move here. Liked their play against ASU. I think the team will show better effort against the Huskies than we have seen at times this year at home. If Ski is Ski, and Josh's back will hang in there, it is a winnable game.

Little bit of chemistry trying to peek through.

Dom showed a little flash against ASU also. Good stuff.

5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

We need to perform an exorcism. This is where it started. This slide into mediocrity. I'll never forget the sickening moment Spencer went down. :sad2:

6. aghcsm

aghcsm Well-Known Member

Tough to predict. Two teams with major negatives (UW lost 9 of 10, Buffs with one triple-OT road win against the league's worst team. Something's got to give. Both have positives too - Buffs just beat ASU, and UW just - oops, got creamed by 'the-team-formerly-known-as-worst'- well, I guess only one team has a positive. Go Buffs!!

7. Eggon

Eggon Club Member Club Member

That alone is good enough motivation frankly..... We owe these guys.

8. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

You can probably get courtside seats, go for it, the win is a bonus.

9. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Washington does seem to swing our fortunes. We kicked their ass in Boulder when they were ranked about #13 back in our first season in the Pac. It was our second ever Pac game. It was an early taste of the success that lay ahead until the game in Seattle ruined us 2 years later and put us on this trajectory.

10. wyobuff

It's also one of 2 arenas we have yet to win in (pauley being the other).

11. NYbuffDIEHARD

I was at that game last season and you are dead on. A sick putrid feeling seeing The Mayor rolling around on the floor. Didn't Fletcher or was it Hopkins that tweaked a knee here last season in this game too? The floor was slick that day, I remember a lot of guys going down. I also remember we were a ranked team and rolling along. Hasn't been the same since.

6PM local time is a horrendous start time with traffic out of downtown but I shall make it. I have good seats first row behind the student section and this place is small, so anywhere is a good seat really. Hoping we show up and put a little 3 game win streak together before the Pac Tourney. Go Buffs.

Eggon likes this.
  12. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

You need to go if for no other reason to stab the towel boys if anyone slips on that God awful court again.

13. HaikuBUFF

HaikuBUFF Club Member Club Member

Return to the scene
    Recovery tastes hollow
    Burn the slick floor down

dply likes this.
  14. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I want to build a time machine, just so I can go back in time and mop up the damn floors.

15. NYbuffDIEHARD

Yes I am glad I went. Dunk City for the Buffs last night.

16. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

any chance you can go to Spokane as well? and if that works the PAC:12 tourney?

17. NYbuffDIEHARD

Wazzu is in Pullman and I would rather cut off my left arm than go to Eastern Washington. #NeverCrossTheCascades

18. wyobuff

it seems my daughter is also a good luck charm for the buffs. they are 3-0 when she's at the keg.

19. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

We need to pair up your daughter with Buffalo Brad's boy. CU will be unstoppable.