1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffs in Seattle

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by NYbuffDIEHARD, Jan 10, 2014.

1. NYbuffDIEHARD

NYbuffDIEHARD Active Member

Just printed off my ticket and can't wait for Sunday. What a sports weekend in Seattle. Seahawks tomorrow, Buffs in town Sunday. I hope the #15 team in the land shows up Sunday and not that shell of a squad that played out in Spokane Wednesday. I have a feeling we will be just fine, easier to get up for a game when it isn't in the middle of the week infront of 50 people in the middle of nowhere Eastern Washington. Go Buffs!!

2. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Well this is a good sign, better than "sluggish and lackadaisical"

[tweet]421744975160688640[/tweet]

3. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

**** the Seachickens, GO BUFFS!:gobuffs:

4. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

I love the reports of a "good" practice... I'm taking a lot of stock in that.

5. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Buffs win big on Sunday....book it

6. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

CU opens up as 3 point favorites

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

This game is huge for CU. I'm nervous after watching so many road favorites struggle today. Most pulled off the win, but there were a ton of nail biters.

8. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

It is always tough to win on the road in conference but we will see how these Buffs have grown and if they deserve the #15 ranking.

9. rolandftw

I'm a little less nervous because of the bad game against Washington State. Don't think that same kind of game is played Sunday. Think it's likely that Tad's had their attention the last few days. Might still get beat, but it won't be because they took Washington lightly.

10. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Huge? I think you're overstating this games importance. We got a bigger game on Thursday. We've already played bigger games.

11. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

I think I agree with this, I've noticed they've played up/down to the competition.

12. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

It's definitely huge. It's huge for keeping pace with Arizona and Cal. It's huge for knocking down a resurgent Washington team.

And most importantly, this is the biggest roadblock to a 17-2 (6-0) start and a matchup of top tens in Tuscon.

It's not the end of the world if we lose, but I think this is a game we'll need to challenge for the regular season championship or even a top 3 finish in the conference.

13. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

If every game is "huge" from here on out, it's NOT huge. I think this game is more important than Wed's game, but we got much bigger games left. I'm just not a big fan of overstating every game's importance. Like you said, it's not the end of the world if we lose.

14. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Depends on what your goals are for this season. Washington is the 2nd toughest road venue we have in the conference. They're playing well right now. If the Buffs win today, not only does it keep us in 1st place but it also establishes the fact that the Buffs can win anywhere on the road. That's huge.

15. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Game ended up being bigger than I thought it was going to be but for different reasons. I think every game is important at this point in conference play, just won't call every game huge because it diminishes the ones that really are.

16. NYbuffDIEHARD

Pathetic showing. Lots of fellow Buff fans in the house. Could see them totally deflated coming out in the 2nd half because of The Mayor being out. Oh and someone may not want to give Wilcox open looks all game next time around.

17. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Wilcox scored what 19pts in the second half? After our best on ball defender went down? Come on. That game was over with 2min left in the first. The buffs were unprepared to play without spencer.

18. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

Take any team's point guard away from them at that point of the game in that manner and they will struggle. That game was done at that point.

19. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this is how I felt as they skidded into half time. They were up by 7, went in to half up 3 (but not scored much to close out the half) then just looked lost.

20. NYbuffDIEHARD

Pretty much what I said, the thing is, But it wasn't on ball defending that killed us in terms of Wilcox, it was giving him wide open 3's. The guy doesn't miss when left wide open. But yes they slid into halftime and never came close to recovering. As far as the Huskies, the place was empty, very sad showing for Husky fans.

21. seattlebuff

seattlebuff Well-Known Member

Lotta people stayed home to see who the Seahawks were going to play.

22. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

This might be the lamest excuse ever.

23. seattlebuff

Agreed ... but Hawks fever is at an all-time high here. You guys in Bronco land have enjoyed decades of relevance, so you kind of get complacent. Not so up here. With no NBA or NHL, the Mariners just flat sucking, and UW unranked, the Hawks are the only game in town in most peoples minds. And the hatred toward the Niners is at a fever pitch. People were very interested to see if Carolina could beat them, or at least do something on the SF defense.

Next Sunday will arguably be the biggest sporting event ever in the history of Seattle.

24. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Bigger than when they hosted the NFC CG the first time? They've never hosted a WS of course.

25. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

I actually think plenty of Bronco fans would stay home to see who the Broncos were going to play instead of CU play UW at Coors if the situations were reversed.

26. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Seattle played in the NBA Finals with Payton, Kemp and Schrempf v Jordan´s Bulls.

27. rolandftw

I'd have thought the Seahawks/Steelers Super Bowl would be the biggest day in Seattle sports history

28. seattlebuff

I'm talking about events hosted in the city.

The '06 NFC title game was certainly big, but we had zero rivalry with the Panthers. The Hawks-Niners rivalry is fierce. Plus, the Hawks have been hyped all year as SB favorites, not so in '06. And SF is playing better than anyone right now. (Honestly, I think they'll win Sunday.)

The do or die Game 5 of the '96 NBA finals comes close, but the Sonics had little hype that year and were huge underdogs to the Bulls. The late 70's Sonics title was well before the NBA really got big.

1995 ALDS Game 5 win over the Yankees probably comes closest, but again, no natural rivalry with the Yanks.

29. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

'95 play in game where Edgar hit the double to score the Kid.

30. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

What about all those times John Elway played in Seattle? Nothing beats those days.