What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs in the Combine

I ran the hundred in 14 flat. But it was hand timed. I have really strong slow twitch muscle fibers.

Hopefully Spruce will catch everything in reach and excell in the pass catching drills. That Gauntlet Drill looks like it'd be fun to watch.

Last edited:
Nembot with 32 reps benching 225 pounds. That is really good. Nembot will most likely be drafted in the 6th or 7th round. Could be a long term practice squad developmental guy at Right tackle.

Last edited:
Spruce draft stock is falling. 4.7 40 is extremely slow for a wide receiver.
Not sure about that. He was one of the only guys to run the Gauntlet clean. His catches were all hands. He did pretty good in the drills with routes.

I think in the right circumstance, Spruce could be a very good NFL player. He's bigger and stronger than Welker. Like a lot of other players, it'll make a huge difference where he lands. I actually think the Broncos would be a good fit.

He is not as shifty as Welker. But I do agree Spruce can carve out a descent career in the NFL.
jun-18-2012-the-theory-behind-the-freudian-slip-has-been.jpg

Spruce is an elite level route runner. He doesn't use speed to create space against the DB's. Never has. 40 time probably won't affect his draft stock too poorly.

Also KC just made himself some money.

I thought these were interesting; they're combine measurables with a quick little chart to show how the player stacked up against others from his position grouping (all time):

Spruce:
http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/6232/
upload_2016-2-29_9-31-29.png

Nembot:
http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/5352/
upload_2016-2-29_9-31-46.png

As others said, I don't think Spruce hurt himself all that badly as he is/was never going to be a measurables guy. What's interesting is that site also lists comparable players by the measurables, and Spruce doesn't have any really good comps (Jordan Shipley was closest at 75%; I guess metrics are lazy and racist in their comparisons too). I think one team will fall in love with him and he'll go in the 5th round on a flyer.

You know who really hurt himself? This guy (who is, coincidentally, Spruce's 3rd highest comp):
upload_2016-2-29_9-35-45.png

I thought these were interesting; they're combine measurables with a quick little chart to show how the player stacked up against others from his position grouping (all time):

Spruce:
http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/6232/
View attachment 18912

Nembot:
http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/5352/
View attachment 18913

As others said, I don't think Spruce hurt himself all that badly as he is/was never going to be a measurables guy. What's interesting is that site also lists comparable players by the measurables, and Spruce doesn't have any really good comps (Jordan Shipley was closest at 75%; I guess metrics are lazy and racist in their comparisons too). I think one team will fall in love with him and he'll go in the 5th round on a flyer.

You know who really hurt himself? This guy (who is, coincidentally, Spruce's 3rd highest comp):
View attachment 18914
Yeah, Higgins stock fell quite a bit. Straight line speed isn't there and performed really poorly in the "explosive" tests.

Spruce is an elite level route runner. He doesn't use speed to create space against the DB's. Never has. 40 time probably won't affect his draft stock too poorly.

Also KC just made himself some money.
What will be important for Spruce on Sundays is when he gains space; will he catch the ball and how can he advance the ball up the field. He is not being asked to accelerate from a position of rest; like a tailback on a run play or defensive player being forced to stop running in one direction and accelerate in an other direction. I see no priority in the 40time for a player with Spruces skill set.

My own opinion is that of the three Crawley has the best chance to have an NFL career. I thought the DBs at CU were put in a bad position with Man to Man coverage and lack of pressure on the QB. Crawley has the measurables and he is a good cover corner. My concern with Spruce would be that in PAC 12 play defenses made him pretty much a non factor. Every receiver with poor 40 times is being projected as a slot receiver. Nembot is a project...a guy that started for four years and is still a project does not have that much upside, but he does has size and strength.

Regarding KC, not as fast, but very similar prospect to Ike Taylor who had a very nice career with the Steelers at CB.

Here's KC's measurables compared to other CBs:

upload_2016-3-1_10-49-8.png

With all due respect to 'Nik, I actually think he's very similar to Ike Taylor's backfield mate for a number of years- William Gay. Similar height, build, speed, and had similar measurables in the broad and vertical jump.

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-1_10-49-0.png
    upload_2016-3-1_10-49-0.png
    327 bytes · Views: 5
Back