What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs Mount Rushmore

Joel Klatt, Lisa Simpson, Rae Carruth, Chuck Fairbanks

th

great question:

Mac, Byron White, Billups, Wetmore

The first two were easy and the 2nd two were tougher.

Billups - our best basketball player to date. Will be an NBA hall of famer, already won NBA finals MVP and is a great ambassador to the program
Wetmore - 5 time national champion coach. It might be a lightly followed sport, but the guy will go down as one of the greatest coaches in CU history.
The Wetmore inclusion is awesome. Thanks.

You almost have to go outside of football.

Can you really do the CU Mount Rushmore and not put athletes like Mary Decker and Hale Irwin on it?

With how things have bern run lately, I would say Curly Moe and Larry has to be on there. Then BB2? The quadfecta of incompetence?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Byron White - seriously, he is probably the greatest alumni of the university - even without considering his athletic accomplishments. On field, he finished 2nd in the Heisman voting in 1937 (seriously think about the lack of media exposure for CU back then - and he still finished 2nd!), he held 50 individual CU football records, and when he died in 2002, he still held 15 of them. Off the field: Rhodes Scholar, Bronze Star (WWII US Army), US Attorney General, Supreme Court Justice.

Coach McCartney

After those two, it's pretty hard to judge. I would pick two of this list:
Hale Irwin
Eddie Crowder
Caroll Hardy
Bill Marolt
Mark Wetmore
Kara Wheeler
Richard Rokos

Dal Ward and Fred Folsom would also be on my list if they didn't already have major facilities named after them.

Byron White - seriously, he is probably the greatest alumni of the university - even without considering his athletic accomplishments. On field, he finished 2nd in the Heisman voting in 1937 (seriously think about the lack of media exposure for CU back then - and he still finished 2nd!), he held 50 individual CU football records, and when he died in 2002, he still held 15 of them. Off the field: Rhodes Scholar, Bronze Star (WWII US Army), US Attorney General, Supreme Court Justice.

Coach McCartney

After those two, it's pretty hard to judge. I would pick two of this list:
Hale Irwin
Eddie Crowder
Caroll Hardy
Bill Marolt
Mark Wetmore
Kara Wheeler
Richard Rokos

Dal Ward and Fred Folsom would also be on my list if they didn't already have major facilities named after them.

Sooooo...no Walrus?

Who's Rushmore?

Semper Gumby

gene4e9y.jpg

Charles E. Rushmore (December 2, 1857 – October 31, 1931) was an American businessman and attorney for whom Mount Rushmore is named. Born in New York City, he was the son of Edward Carmen Rushmore and Mary Eliza (née Dunn) Rushmore, of Tuxedo Park, NY. He was married to the former Jeanette E. Carpenter.

Back