What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs move up to 16 in the Volleyball Poll

Congrats to the team!

Wanted to note, from a couple things I've seen, looks like the Buffs may be in much better shape RPI-wise this year than last (although they still of course have to 'take care of business" in Pac 12 play)-
1) Right now, the Buffs are unofficially #40 in RPI. (Per http://ncaastats.figstats.net/volleyball-rpi.cgi ; the "Unmodified RPI with Experimental Bonuses" tab is the one I believe attempts to equal official volleyball RPI.) Last year, in the 1st official RPI calc. released (I believe after 2 weeks of Pac 12 play), the Buffs were down at #72. With the Pac 12 teams the Buffs are playing the next 2 weeks all being pretty solid (unofficially RPI #'s 24, 41, 27 and 16 right now per the above link), I assume the Buffs will be higher than #40 by the time the 1st official RPI is released in early October IF they take care of business these 1st 2 weeks of home matches.

2) A Volleytalk forum Poster by the name of bluepenguin (BP) does a weekly analysis where he/ she takes current RPI (I assume maybe based from the above link?), then extrapolates out and estimates all DI team's records at the end of the season using something called the Pablo ratings (which historically are significantly better match predictors than RPI itself). Based on his/ her analysis, BP's calculation has the Buffs finishing at 19-11, which would mean they finished 11-9 in Pac 12 play. Although I'm sure the team (and many fans) has higher expectations than that for Pac play, even that 19-11 result would place the Buffs around #25 in RPI, which would make them a sure thing NCAA tournament team.
(See http://volleytalk.proboards.com/thread/65570/rpi-futures-week-18-16 for BP's actual post this week. With quite a bit of the season to go, of course, that #25 number could vary quite a bit depending on what CU, all their past and future opponents, and their opponents' opponents do the rest of the season. For example, I assume the Buffs were favored in all matches (hugely in 2 cases) they won this past weekend, and last week's calc. still had them quite a bit lower (still a safe #31 RPI) than they are this week.)

Wasn't the WVB coach RG's first coaching hire?

Looks to me like he did a good job with it.

Wasn't the WVB coach RG's first coaching hire?

Looks to me like he did a good job with it.

Yeah. I think he made good hires for VB & WBB, actually. I was worried, because he went smaller conference HCs and more frugal than I might have expected. But he found good coaches who aren't having trouble with the recruiting at this level. Thriving, actually.

I remember when we first came into the PAC 12 and i thought the volleyball team would have the biggest mountain to climb, based on the rest of the teams in the conference. No doubt the PAC 12 is the premier volleyball league in the country.

Oh yeah, and suck it, CSU! You can't beat us in your best sport!

I remember when we first came into the PAC 12 and i thought the volleyball team would have the biggest mountain to climb, based on the rest of the teams in the conference. No doubt the PAC 12 is the premier volleyball league in the country.

Oh yeah, and suck it, CSU! You can't beat us in your best sport!
Goat roping?

Back