What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs predicted to finish #5 in the Pac-12

Hell of a lot more realistic than the 11th in the PAC-12 that we've seen so far.

Interesting that they're so high on Shannon. I'd love it if he was able to provide quality minutes for us this year. I really think it will be Dinwiddie's team to run come late December, but if Shannon can step up that makes things a LOT easier for us. He's probably our best perimeter defender on the team so getting him minutes would be a good thing.

didn't notice it was basketball until after I clicked. I think that is a fairly realistic expectation of where we are going to end up. I think we can go as high as 3rd and maybe as low as 7th.

Is the play of Shane Harris-Tunks the key factor in us getting to NCAA Tourney/Big Dance this year?

Last edited:
i'd take #5 in conference right now, no questions asked.

we are not an NCAA team if Shane goes ape**** 20 and 10. we weren't an NCAA team last year with a lottery pick, Levi Knudson, and Cory Higgins (a player criminally underrated for his whole career).

Pac is maybe 3-4 NCAA bids.

Is the play of Shane Harris-Tunks the key factor in us getting to NCAA this year?

It's key. We need him to stay out of foul trouble and provide good post & help defense while setting good screens and pulling down some rebounds.

The only way the NCAA happens is if we have one of the freshmen step in and play lights out. That's not exactly something you can predict or count on, so the expectation should be to win more than we lose and get to the NIT. Even the CBI (which the Big 12 didn't let its members go to, but the Pac-12 does) would be a decent season considering how much we lost from last year's squad.

didn't notice it was basketball until after I clicked. I think that is a fairly realistic expectation of where we are going to end up. I think we can go as high as 3rd and maybe as low as 7th.

i'd go anywhere from 3-6 depending on breaks we could go as high as 2

I want whatever you two are on right now. Listen, I'm high on the team too, but we're clearly in the second tier. I think best case scenario we're looking at 5th, with 8th not unrealistic.

I want whatever you two are on right now. Listen, I'm high on the team too, but we're clearly in the second tier. I think best case scenario we're looking at 5th, with 8th not unrealistic.

So @Goose how many games you think we win?

is there a reason we didn't do any pre-season international road trips?

Not sure. There's an injury risk from these things. And there's also the problem of the team peaking in November. I don't really know if Tad would be in favor of doing the international deal over the summer.

Not sure. There's an injury risk from these things. And there's also the problem of the team peaking in November. I don't really know if Tad would be in favor of doing the international deal over the summer.

considering we have the Puerto Rico tourney and now play in the PAC:12, peaking in November might not have been such a bad thing.

I try not to be a sunshine pumper, but this team will be better than .500 in Pac-12 play. The transfers and the freshmen set us up nicely and the Pac is not going to be very solid in basketball this year. However, the Pac's weakness is a double-edged sword, as it could cost us a NCAA bid.

So no chance we go 12-0 in pre-conference play....

Very much looking fwd to this season.

So no chance we go 12-0 in pre-conference play....

Always a chance, but honestly the Puerto Rico tournament scares me. Anything between 2nd & 7th is realistic. I HATE our opening matchup.

Always a chance, but honestly the Puerto Rico tournament scares me. Anything between 2nd & 7th is realistic. I HATE our opening matchup.

:nod:

I think Wichita State is the favorite to win it and we drew them in the opener.

is there a reason we didn't do any pre-season international road trips?
Could be a money factor. Also, a school is allowed to do that only so often -- I can't remember the number of years, but there is a limit. I think the last time the Buffs did it was when they played in Canada. Correct me if I'm wrong.....

5th is best case imo. 10th not out of hand either. We have no idea on the chemistry and leadership with this team, and losing cain hurts. A LOT has to go right this year. I want to see continual improvement no matter what though.

Finally, a prediction more in line with reality :thumbsup:. Overall, the second tier of the Pac-12 is soft, and with a few random road wins, the Buffs could sneak up the final standings...

I am surprised that they emphasized Nate and Shannon over Carlon and Jeremy as the make or break aspects of the team. While Nate will need to score more, I doubt both will see the court at the same time, or see drastically increased minutes, especially if Sabatino Chen is the darkhorse that rumors and twitter chatter indicate.

The good news, clearly the middle of the conference is up for grabs.
The bad news, we don't know what kind of team we have.

Buffs should be .500 in conference play, and a winning record in league play isn't out of the question right now. Simply put, the Pac-12 is in major rebuilding mode. Oregon State and Utah will likely be downright bad, and at least half the league classifies as "mediocre". Oregon State and Utah should provide 4 conference wins right there - then you're talking about getting 5 more to get to .500. That's a very fair and reachable goal. This is a far different situation than the recent years in the BigXII. The biggest problem as I see it is facing Utah, Washington and Washington State all at home before the students are back to start conference play. We need to come out of that at least 2-1, we've got to find a way to get Coors packed and rocking for those. Getting off to a bad start by losing serve at home and having 4 of the next 6 on the road would be a rough situation.

Last edited:
Buffs should be .500 in conference play, and a winning record in league play isn't out of the question right now. Simply put, the Pac-12 is in major rebuilding mode. Oregon State and Utah will likely be downright bad, and at least half the league classifies as "mediocre". Oregon State and Utah should provide 4 conference wins right there - then you're talking about getting 5 more to get to .500. That's a very fair and reachable goal. This is a far different situation than the recent years in the BigXII. The biggest problem as I see it is facing Utah, Washington and Washington State all at home before the students are back to start conference play. We need to come out of that at least 2-1, we've got to find a way to get Coors packed and rocking for those. Getting off to a bad start by losing serve at home and having 4 of the next 6 on the road would be a rough situation.

:nod:

We need to do all we can to invite people to those games and also spam the hell out of all the CU boards & the CU hoops article comment sections from the online newspaper articles (plus do our part by showing up).

Let's make sure that our guys have good crowds cheering them to a great start in the Pac-12.

AllBuffs will be doing its part by organizing pre-game and even giving away some tickets.

Wait...Did I read someone saying that Cory Higgins was criminally UNDERRATED? Oh my...

Back