What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs Prepped To Host Omni Invitational

Joslyn Hayes played very well in the last match.

Yes she did but she is still quite inconsistent. She loves to pound the ball which is great when she gets it in the right place but she still pounds too many out behind the baseline or the sideline or into the net. She's improved a lot over last season and I expect will continue to fix the problems. She could become really really good. She is also trying to really pound the serve with the toss up to the roof of the building but you can tell it is still quite new for her. Most of the time she was subbed out in the back row for Steph Shadley.

I haven't been able to pay too much attention to the matches, but does anyone have an update on Alexis Austin or Nicole Edelman? I know that Austin has been hurt, but don't know what happened to Edelman.

Alexis is still not 100% from her injury. She had a foot injury .... can't be too careful with that in a volleyball player with all the jumping / landing that goes on.
Nicole ... don't know. They said they were just resting her and getting Gabby some in-game experience. I hope that's true. Don't want to see her having more back troubles.

I asked Brian Howell about Nicole Edelman on twitter when he said on Friday that he had just been told she would not be playing all weekend. He said he "assumed" they were trying not to work her as much as they did last year and get Gabby experience.

Buffs on the all-tourney team : Cierra Simpson, Niera Ortiz Ruiz. Tourney MVP: Taylor Simpson

Added afterwards: Well, I'm sure what I posted here is what the PA announcer said but the article just posted on CUBuffs says that all-tourney team was Niera and Joslyn Hayes.

I think you were correct with what you heard. I watched this week in volleyball last night and Coach said CeCe made the all-tourney team and had a great match along with Niera and Taylor.

Back