What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs QB Hirschman ready for call

RSSBot

News Junkie
No matter what the calendar shows, Colorado freshman quarterback Nick Hirschman said Wednesday he will have no regrets about burning his redshirt if forced into action Saturday.

More...

Good God no. Hawk, you are out of here-- no win can save your lousy coaching ability. Don't ruin yet another freshman's year for nothing. Stay the **** away from redshirting freshmen at this point.

He won't be "ruining" Hirschman's career if he burns his red shirt. In fact, it might actually be a good move to get the kid some reps. It looks like Hansen might not be the answer anyway and it'd be good to get the freshman some game reps. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Hirschman enrolled early and played spring ball.

I'm starting to see the positives of burning the 'shirt too. What if Tyler isn't back for Spring Ball? I liked what I saw of Hirschman in August so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was able to beat out Tyler next year - if TH is healthy enough to make a run.

My problem with burning his 'shirt is how valuable the experience would be for him. The play calling sucks, and the OL is a sieve - Hirsch would spend most of his time running for his life. Not sure how valuable that would really be.

There's a fallacy in assuming any experience = good for longterm development.

My problem with burning his 'shirt is how valuable the experience would be for him. The play calling sucks, and the OL is a sieve - Hirsch would spend most of his time running for his life. Not sure how valuable that would really be.
Delaying it a year will be better for the program?

Back