What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs schedule Air Force -- 2020 and 2022

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210212092

The institutions have agreed on a contract that is in the process of being signed, but will have the Falcons visit Boulder on Sept. 12, 2020, with the Buffaloes returning the game on Sept. 10, 2022; it will be the second game of those seasons for both schools. The fairly standard agreement has each school designating 3,000 tickets for the other when they are the visitor.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

You know one of the best parts of this? RG gave the Zoomies a home-and-home after refusing to consider that for CSU. :lol:

You know one of the best parts of this? RG gave the Zoomies a home-and-home after refusing to consider that for CSU. :lol:
Fantastic. OUtside of the humor, AFA is much more deserving of a home and home, imo. If this continues after the 4 game series, it should go to 3 to 2 or something though.

Really excited to head down there for a game. :woot:

[tweet]621396331379167234[/tweet]
[tweet]621396730953601024[/tweet]
[tweet]621396806400913408[/tweet]
[tweet]621397138669334528[/tweet]
[tweet]621397349282238465[/tweet]

That's exciting! I was looking at our future non conference schedule. How'd I miss we are playing at Michigan next year?

I would assume RG agreed for a home and home because they have a big stadium and can sell it out on campus without any issues. More money in it to play them than CSU on campus.

AFA is such a great atmosphere for a CFB game. I try to go once a year.

I just hope Wally doesn't boo their cadets again.

Didn't take long for ramnation to find out lol

grab-some-popcorn.gif

Awesome! So glad the schools put the past behaviors behind us. This will be FUN!

p.s. - CSU already expecting us to lose both of these games.... in 5 & 7 years. Ugh....

Cool.

Plati's lack of math skills were apparent again, as he claimed that 1977 was "also over 40 years ago." That guy really has counting issues.

I would assume RG agreed for a home and home because they have a big stadium and can sell it out on campus without any issues. More money in it to play them than CSU on campus.

Correct on all counts.

Also CU has a solid alumni base in Southern Colorado and this provides some opportunities for outreach. AFA is also a much higher profile school nationally that CSU. Game is more valuable from a media standpoint allowing extra flexibility.

We're also getting another home gain in 2017 - was this already known? Further down in the article:

CU also announced two other scheduling additions, as the Buffs two vacancies in 2017 and 2018 after San Jose State opted out of a two-game home-and-home series (the Spartans are under new leadership and asked to cancel the series, which was agreed to prior to CU joining the Pac-12 Conference). CU was agreeable because of the opportunity for a sixth home game in 2017; originally set to travel to San Jose and with Colorado State in Denver, the Buffs were only to have five home games at Folsom Field with that being a year in which only four Pac-12 teams visit Boulder.

Texas State will visit Boulder on Sept. 9, 2017, with New Hampshire coming to Folsom Field on Sept. 15, 2018.

We're also getting another home gain in 2017 - was this already known? Further down in the article:

Yeah. SJSU backed out of the home/away that Bohn scheduled with them prior to joining the Pac-12. The away date was in a year we ended up with 4 home Pac-12 games, so getting that off and finding a school to take a one-off to Folsom was a big improvement to the schedule. I was worried about there being a season coming up with only 5 games played at Folsom. Good work, RG.

Fantastic. I [emoji173]️ Rick George and his scheduling chops.

CU at AFA has been on my bucket list forever.

Woo-hoo!

RG is killing it with scheduling and love the middle finger he just gave to the rams. I have talked to him about the Ewe game and he hates it as well. This is a huge step forward in owning our schedule and not letting the little brother in ft fun have their way with it. Protecting the home games at Folsom has been an RG priority and he is coming thru.

This occasion is probably worth recognizing with a letter to Benson and a token donation for a job well done.

Back