1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffs soccer voted 5th in Pac 12 preseason coaches' poll

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by AztecBuff, Aug 12, 2014.

1. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Pac12.com article- http://pac-12.com/article/2014/08/12/womens-soccer-coaches-pick-ucla-2014-preseason-favorite

Full poll copied:

2014 Pac-12 Women's Soccer Coaches Poll

Place School Points
    1. UCLA (11) 121
    2. Stanford (1) 110
    3. California 91
    4. USC 83
    5. Colorado 78
    6. Washington State 69
    7. Utah 67
    T8. Arizona State 51
    T8. Washington 51
    10. Arizona 33
    11. Oregon 22
    12. Oregon State 16

(Parentheses indicate first-place votes.)

Also, the Buffs received 4 votes in the pre-season national poll (http://www.nscaatv.com/rankings/3109/NCAADivisionI/women/PreseasonPoll), which puts them at 32nd. UCLA (ranked #1) and Stanford (#6) are the only two Pac teams in the top 25, although WSU and Cal are the 1st two teams outside the Top 25 "receiving votes".

cmgoods likes this.
  2. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

5th seems about right. It's a very, very tough conference similar to women's volleyball. If CU finishes with a winning record in conference play will be a major accomplishment. Oh, and I do expect them to make it to the NCAA tourney again.

UCLA is exceptionally good. Last season when they played CU in Boulder and won 1-0 I felt they were the best women's college team I had ever seen in person. Their technical ability and understanding of each other was exceptional. It's gonna be hard for any team in the conference to match what they do on a regular basis.

Interesting the Oregon with all the Phil Knight money can't match UCLA and Stanford on the pitch.