1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffs Spread Cheer and Pride at Children’s Hospital

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Apr 22, 2013.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Category: Athletics

About 20 CU student-athletes that visited Children's Hospital Colorado in Aurora Sunday afternoon.

Originally posted by CUBuffs.com
    Click here to view the article.

2. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

From personal experience as one of those kids, you remember these kind of things your whole life. I'm really glad to see our student athletes doing this sort of stuff. I know that it's not necessarily helping them become better athletes, but it's making everyone involved better people.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

This is something I've witnessed first-hand from both CU and DU sports teams. It makes a difference. As a parent, breaking up the monotony and getting a reminder of what's good in the world helps a lot. For the kids, distracting them and getting a smile out of them is HUGE.

4. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

I remember when the Avs came through Children's with the Stanley Cup...got a cool pic of my kid with them and the Cup.

5. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

My daughter's team went there last month and the kids actually started crying when the girls had to leave. Broke her heart.