What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs staying in Big 12 until 2012

That's not how it's being interpreted by the Big 12.

2 years notice = an 50% hit for the two years prior to leaving. --> Big 12 withholds 50% of revenue for next two years. (~$5m per year for $10m total)
1 years notice = an 80% hit for the two years prior to leaving. --> Big 12 withholds 80% of revenue this year and seeks payment for 80% of revenue from last year. (~$8m per year for $16m total)

In that case, I am obviously wrong.

That's a surprisingly good article from WSU, but the rest of the world is still convinced Hawk only kept his job because we couldn't afford the buyout.

They may not have much else going for them, but WSU for a long time has had a top notch journalism school. Edward R. Murrow graduated from there.

That's not how it's being interpreted by the Big 12.

2 years notice = an 50% hit for the two years prior to leaving. --> Big 12 withholds 50% of revenue for next two years. (~$5m per year for $10m total)
1 years notice = an 80% hit for the two years prior to leaving. --> Big 12 withholds 80% of revenue this year and seeks payment for 80% of revenue from last year. (~$8m per year for $16m total)

You can't get blood from a turnip!

The stupidity of Dipchip Brown is amazing. CU gives two years notice; then NU gives one year; CU says it is willing to accommodate the B12 if it wants CU to leave early. Now all of the sudden CU is bluffing about staying for 2 more years? Where does this clown get this crap?

The stupidity of Dipchip Brown is amazing. CU gives two years notice; then NU gives one year; CU says it is willing to accommodate the B12 if it wants CU to leave early. Now all of the sudden CU is bluffing about staying for 2 more years? Where does this clown get this crap?

From bevo's butt

They may not have much else going for them, but WSU for a long time has had a top notch journalism school. Edward R. Murrow graduated from there.

As did Keith Jackson, although I don't know if he studied journalism.

UT is really helping it's cause when the next round of expansion comes along. I'm sure there'll be conferences lining up to get a piece of this action. :rolling_eyes:

As much as I want to get the hell out of this league a part of me hopes we stay just to spite everybody else in the conference and mess with Beebe and Texas. It is going to be fun to watch the Mack 10 conf try to scramble now ;)

As much as I want to get the hell out of this league a part of me hopes we stay just to spite everybody else in the conference and mess with Beebe and Texas. It is going to be fun to watch the Mack 10 conf try to scramble now ;)

It would be better if we were any good and we beat them in the Big 12 championship game again and deny them a shot at the BCS title game. Since that's not gonna happen, I'll settle for a little conference sabotage from NU and CU.

It would be better if we were any good and we beat them in the Big 12 championship game again and deny them a shot at the BCS title game. Since that's not gonna happen, I'll settle for a little conference sabotage from NU and CU.

My dream scenario for the 2010 season:

1. Deal gets worked out for CU to leave for the Pac-12 after this year.
2. Colorado beats Oklahoma in our regular season matchup.
3. Nebraska is an undefeated 11-0 heading into our rivalry game (means they beat Texas).
4. Colorado takes down the Nubs in the Thanksgiving matchup to go to the Big 12 Championship vs. Texas.
5. Colorado takes down Texas to win the conference and pull off the OU-NU-UT trifecta again.
6. Nebraska's 11-1 record gets them a 2nd BCS bid, leaving the Longhorns on the outside looking in as we both wave the single-finger goodbye.

My dream scenario for the 2010 season:

1. Deal gets worked out for CU to leave for the Pac-12 after this year.
2. Colorado beats Oklahoma in our regular season matchup.
3. Nebraska is an undefeated 11-0 heading into our rivalry game (means they beat Texas).
4. Colorado takes down the Nubs in the Thanksgiving matchup to go to the Big 12 Championship vs. Texas.
5. Colorado takes down Texas to win the conference and pull off the OU-NU-UT trifecta again.
6. Nebraska's 11-1 record gets them a 2nd BCS bid, leaving the Longhorns on the outside looking in as we both wave the single-finger goodbye.

In that scenario, what is our record and which BCS game do we go to?

In that scenario, what is our record and which BCS game do we go to?

In that scenario, the Nubs were 7-1 in the conference, so we're at least 7-5 (0-4 non-conference/ 7-1 Big 12 with tiebreaker over NU). So probably no worse than 9-3 if we are good enough to do the rest.

Wish we could get the guy who posted that to make the move over to AB.

When I started lurking on the different boards a couple years ago, I cut out NB simply because it is a nightmare to navigate threads in that format. I can't believe anyone puts up with that.

LOL...I do post there but not as much as I post here. Utefans.net is worse.

When I started lurking on the different boards a couple years ago, I cut out NB simply because it is a nightmare to navigate threads in that format. I can't believe anyone puts up with that.

I think that guy is the NB moderator.

I posted there for a little while but I kept getting banned and had to keep switching registered email addresses and stuff. F that... Plus the site sucks and the posters are horrible.

Back