What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs Suffer Tough Loss Against Wyoming

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
LARAMIE, Wyo. — In their first meeting since 1999, the University of Colorado volleyball team and Wyoming battled it out, but unfortunately for the Buffs, it was the Cowgirls who came away with a tough 3-2 (25-21, 26-24, 14-25, 13-25, 15-11) win on Tuesday night.

Sophomore Alexis Austin led the Buffs with 17 kills and also hit .382 with just four errors on 34 attacks in the match. Taylor Simpson recorded 14 kills in the effort and Nikki Lindow added 11 kills. Kerra Schroeder earned a double-double with 10 kills and 11 digs.

CU hit .205 in the match with Nicole Edelman tying her career-high with 57 assists. She also added five kills of her own and had 13 digs and one block assist. The Buffs had 18 more kills than the Cowgirls (72-54), but UW had the advantage hitting .213. CU also had six service aces, three from Simpson, two from Kelsey English and one from Schroeder.

Read more...

Ugh, just what I was afraid of. Is Wyo any good? So frustrating. Tough weekend coming up. Hopefully they can rebound.

Wyoming sucks. Highly disappointing

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I haven't followed Volleyball too closely but it is a sport I like to watch and would probably follow more closely if CU became more competitive. Should it take 5 years to turn a program around? I have heard the recruiting hasn't been too bad so whats the problem? Anyone with knowledge of the program and coaching have an opinion on Kritza and the progress of the program?

No way this Buffs team should have lost this match. They are way better than Wyoming but for some reason, in sets 1, 2, and 5, they were just handing points to Wyoming in bunches with all their hitting errors. They have the talent to regularly be the team we saw beat UCLA. But they have to learn to play with expectations of success and live up to those expectations. Too inconsistent at this point.

Back