What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs Volleyball Host Top-Ranked Stanford & California

The Buffs had their chances, but nothing to complain about as they took the #1 team in the country to 5 sets and just fell short.

Close. Hard to be too upset about taking #1 to 5 sets.

Got to get wins from here on out, though, if they want to be Dancing again this year.

I think that we definitely have some opportunities to get wins over the next few games, with maybe UW being the only game that they probably won't win.

Ugh, they played some of their best volleyball of the season tonight. That was a discouraging outcome--hats off to Stanford for reaching deep in those last two sets.

Well- it was a good loss to the extent there is one, but still (being a fan of course) a little disappointing. Stanford definitely seemed to pick their game up later in the match, but the Buffs still had things that were within their control (unforced hitting errors after set one, some passing/ serve receive issues later on) in every set they lost (especially set 2) that if converted just a little better could have gotten them the win. Overall, though, definitely great to see they can play with anyone, and competing hard- now they just need to tighten up a few things up each point/ game/ match to get just a LITTLE more consistent, and they can beat anyone. I'm not taking anything away from Stanford- It was easy to see they are a nice veteran team who knows how to win, as their play picked up as the pressure mounted.

One thing for Sunday and beyond, although hopefully it's nothing- Taylor Simpson left the match near the end of the match and I believe didn't return. No idea for sure what might have happened, but I do remember an earlier play where a Stanford player spiked it hard to one of our players, and their dig attempt went sideways hard into Taylor's face. So, if I had to guess, there's a chance they were just playing it safe with their concussion protocol (as they should with anything head related), or it could be something completely different. Again, hopefully it's nothing serious and they were just playing it safe, and she's fine. (She didn't come out until late in the 5th set when the Buffs were pretty far down, so I wouldn't say her leaving affected the outcome of the match in any way.)

Last edited:
Well- it was a good loss to the extent there is one, but still (being a fan of course) a little disappointing. Stanford definitely seemed to pick their game up later in the match, but the Buffs still had things that were within their control (unforced hitting errors after set one, some passing/ serve receive issues later on) in every set they lost (especially set 2) that if converted just a little better could have gotten them the win. Overall, though, definitely great to see they can play with anyone, and competing hard- now they just need to tighten up a few things up each point/ game/ match to get just a LITTLE more consistent, and they can beat anyone. I'm not taking anything away from Stanford- It was easy to see they are a nice veteran team who knows how to win, as their play picked up as the pressure mounted.

One thing for Sunday and beyond, although hopefully it's nothing- Taylor Simpson left the match near the end of the match and I believe didn't return. No idea for sure what might have happened, but I do remember an earlier play where a Stanford player spiked it hard to one of our players, and their dig attempt went sideways hard into Taylor's face. So, if I had to guess, there's a chance they were just playing it safe with their concussion protocol (as they should with anything head related), or it could be something completely different. Again, hopefully it's nothing serious and they were just playing it safe, and she's fine. (She didn't come out until late in the 5th set when the Buffs were pretty far down, so I wouldn't say her leaving affected the outcome of the match in any way.)

Agree about being a bit disappointed. Prior to the start of the match I didn't really expect the Buffs to win (in fact on the way to the game I said I would be shocked if they won) but after the way they dominated in the first set they got my hopes up. But unfortunately they couldn't sustain that fabulous level of play and Stanford picked up their level late in the match when it counted the most.

About Taylor ... I also wondered what that was about. I saw her standing over near the bench (behind the rest of the team) talking to the trainers for a while after she came out. I did not see them do any kind of testing on her, just conversation. So it very well could have been related to that ball she took to the head earlier in the match and they were asking her about vision etc.

Sadly for me, my nephew called just as the match started, so I was unable to devote my full attention to it.

I liked the spunk the team showed as there was a little bit of me wondering if they'd go down in 3 sets and not even keep it close. That did not happen. This team was able to take Stanford to 5 sets and to be ahead in the match. Championship teams have a way of digging deep when it counts and Stanford did just that.

I am hoping Taylor can play tomorrow and I do expect a win.

So, today's match is a classic "trap game" against Cal. Hope the Buffs are going to bring their (proverbial) work boots!

So, made it to the match late.

Taylor Simpson not playing. 21-20 Cal in set 1. TO Buffs.

Buffs hold on- win set 1 25-23.

Good to see Gwen Herring playing for the first time in awhile; helping out the defense.

Back