What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs. Arizona pregame thread

Why? Football doesn't come first. If you were under intense scrutiny for questionable results, I don't think it is unfair to mention the realities of the situation. I can't imagine not being able to step away to care for my parents because of my job.
Consider the source

Some (unfortunately not surprising) scary stats (especially since I remember him running for his life a LOT LAST season)-

EDITED: Ignore my score prediction in the wrong thread and let me say Grant Watanbe is the guy I have been most excited to see once I knew Gillam was pretty much not the same player last year against CSU. It's good to see him heeled and ready to go. He's the type that looks like an ILB and chose CU and stuck with CU from the start. Undefeated, hardly scored on, hardly got a yard against killer defense with him in the middle, hope he helps some of that rub off on CU this Saturday.

Last edited:
From the ESPN game preview

UofA 8pt Favorites, O/U 67pts, So predicted score 37.5-29.5

UofA
Points allowed per game 30.5
Yards allowed per game 419.2
Pass yards allowed per game 233.5

CU
Points allowed per game 25.8
Yards allowed per game 398.8
Pass yards allowed per game 201.7

I really hope we can try and establish a running game early. I am seeing flashes in this offense that is being held back. If we can stick with the run game a little longer, my hope is we can get some confidence in Sefo. He has none right now and the best thing you can do is get a run game going. Pound Lindsay and Carr all day.

I really hope we can try and establish a running game early. I am seeing flashes in this offense that is being held back. If we can stick with the run game a little longer, my hope is we can get some confidence in Sefo. He has none right now and the best thing you can do is get a run game going. Pound Lindsay and Carr all day.
What's your plan when our runners continually get stuffed at the line of scrimmage? What if Arizona dares us to throw it by stacking the line? Should we still try to establish a running game? I think the best thing for the running game would be if Sefo can burn them with the pass.

What's your plan when our runners continually get stuffed at the line of scrimmage? What if Arizona dares us to throw it by stacking the line? Should we still try to establish a running game? I think the best thing for the running game would be if Sefo can burn them with the pass.
He has the look of a beaten man. He needs confidence and I don't know what else to do if he is our best option. I hope he comes out gang buster, but he looks scared too death on the field to me. Got to find any way we can to take the pressure off of him.

Finally watched the game...not much to say except I was really impressed with a few players: Donovan Lee on KR, Bobo, Kinney, and Fields.

Back