What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs. UMass pregame thread

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
After a disappointing loss to Hawaii in the opener, the Buffs return to Boulder to take on the Minutemen.

Do the Buffs rebound to take care of business at home? Does Sefo Liufau rebound from a poor performance in the opener? Is the offensive line more cohesive in game two? Does the defense build upon a solid performance in the opener under new DC Jim Leavitt? Did Toby Neinas get left behind in Hawaii?

Good luck bitches.
Thanks Flukie. We're going to need it.

5922760-Photos-Bear-Pokes-His-Head-Through-Cat-Door.jpg

Who is their QB? because we will have him looking like a Heisman hopeful. Their DB's are licking their chops. Their DL will look like 70's Steelers steel curtain.

Maybe luckily, I will have to be out of town. Maybe my FIL still has the Pac 12 network.

Who is their QB? because we will have him looking like a Heisman hopeful. Their DB's are licking their chops. Their DL will look like 70's Steelers steel curtain.

I remember UMass QB Blake Frohnapfel from last year. "Thrownapple" is tall and a lanky 6'6". I got tired of hearing his name last year. He kept the Minuitemen in last year's game longer than what was comfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
They played close last year. Same teams. Hoping for better results this year but a win is a win at this point.

I hope they run the ball 70% in the first half. Wear down their defense and help our own defense. I think this will allow the guards to get comfortable and hopefully get used to the scheme UMass runs. I didn't think the line was that bad in the run game so hopefully they can continue that progress.

Run, run, and keep running. The only time Sefo should even think about throwing the ball is in play-action.

We better run the ball with Lindsay, Adkins, and I want to see Carr. That will hopefully open up the passing game for play action. Hopefully the interior of our Oline gets it figured out as I expect Umass to bring massive amounts of pressure up the middle. Hopefully we never have to punt as I will be keeping my eyes closed.

As others have said, run the ball first then setup the pass. I don't know if the team is capable of it it but I'd like to see some deeper passes. Can't live on slants and short comebacks all day at some point you have to go deep.

Their big qb and wr sharp could be a nightmare if a certain db is covering him all day. CU should score plenty to win this game at home.

I predict Sefo will be "on" passing as the Buffs crush UMass and certain Allbuffs posters will forgive him for the Hawaii game and predict a Buff bowl game and possible PAC12 championship.

Of course I could be wrong.

Just hoping they clean a few things up, after all they are not the PAC brother.
Gotta run got a staffer in 10

After a disappointing loss to Hawaii in the opener, the Buffs return to Boulder to take on the Minutemen.

Do the Buffs rebound to take care of business at home? Does Sefo Liufau rebound from a poor performance in the opener? Is the offensive line more cohesive in game two? Does the defense build upon a solid performance in the opener under new DC Jim Leavitt? Did Toby Neinas get left behind in Hawaii?

For us to lose to Hawaii under a head coach that was 8-29 going into that game and plays in a mid level conference boggles my mind. Coach Mac needs to get his **** together. Excuses are over..

just read up on the minute men. So, they have 10 returning starters on offense and 9 on D. They have a Qb in Frohnapfel, the first-team All-Mid-American Conference quarterback in 2014. He is super pumped and very confident.

This game is far from a gimme game. Our Buffs are going to have to come out ready and play hard.

I am expecting a close game with lots of frustration for Buffs fans and plenty of forehead-slapping moments on offense. I'm glad i don't have Pac 12 network.

Frohnapple was excellent last year. It's their first game, and it's in Boulder.
I think CU wins, but I think it will be a frustrating game to watch with CU not getting their act together until late.

Back