What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs-Zags Game thread +streaming link

dammit, we had that game in the bag. I think if Bz was there, that would have been a win.

Considering Gonzaga only lost to Michigan State by four, and is picked to win the tournament - not a bad effort.

Still, to be up by double digits in the second half, and still come away with the "L" - another tough day to be a Buff :sad1:

17 more free throw attempts than us. Thats what I can't stand about basketball. Refs control to much of the game.

Damm, frustrating loss with having the double-digit lead at halftime, then all the missed FT's and inability to hit the 3 in the 2nd half.

17 more free throw attempts than us. Thats what I can't stand about basketball. Refs control to much of the game.

We also had some bad turnovers near the end, couldn't get some crucial rebounds, missed some needed free-throws...etc. There is a lot that goes into a game. I agree refs can be a big part, but they didn't lose the game for us.

bummer. not a big fan of moral victories but while i'm not "up" about the loss....i'm gonna try and keep it in perspective. gotta come up and play well tomorrow.

I didn't get to see anything other than the final 4 seconds. I DVR'd it and I'm going to watch it right now. Also, anyone up for a game thread or chat for the Arizona/Wisconsin game tonight? We get the loser tomorrow.

Tough one to swallow, but I still like the direction we're headed. Much better depth than last year. Burks and Relphorde both look good. Higgins is Higgins. Tomlinson....eh.....wtf was that? :lol:

Hopefully they come away better from the experience....

They can really use this game as what not to do to close it out. I like Tomlinson's aggressiveness but he's gotta learn to play more under control. All in all great effort by those guys, proud of them. They have alot of growing to do but they are 10 times better than last year. Still got some tourney left so finish it strong and learn from this game.

Is there such a thing as a "quality loss" in the RPI? :huh:

Is there such a thing as a "quality loss" in the RPI? :huh:

I posted this in the RPI thread, but the answer is a resounding "Yes". 50% of RPI is your strength of schedule. Just playing Gonzaga helps us. Another 25% is the strength of our opponents' schedules. Gonzaga played Michigan State, will get the Arizona/Wisconsin winner tomorrow, and then will play a good team from the other side of the bracket.

So from an RPI perspective, the game was 75% good for us. And if we're on the bubble (even as outsiders), the talking heads will point to this as a "quality loss" since it was less than 10 points on a neutral court to a top 30 team.

Back