1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffs4Life

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Uncle Ken, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

It seems that battle lines are being drawn between outspoken fans and this organization, and it saddens me.

We often say, when a good Buff leaves the team for whatever reason (graduation, injury etc...) that they are Buffs forever.

No organization embodies that spirit more than Buffs4Life, which is dedicated to helping Buffs in need--those that sacrificed for our program physically, who may find themselves in a difficult spot.

Unfortunately, we've lumped a group of outspoken players with whom we disagree on the best way ahead for our program as the "Buffs4Life" crowd. I wish we wouldn't.

Are they bad guys? No. They want the Buffs to succeed on the football field just as much as we do. I suspect their vision is undermined by previous public agendas (needing to save face) and loyalties to friends. But they want to succeed too. And they've dedicated themselves personally to that cause as players.

We simply disagree.

So here's my question:

How do we identify (refer to) a group of people that we may disagree with (individually, since we don't all speak with one voice) without disparaging a good organization?

Ideas?

HotRack likes this.
  2. Tea Rex

Tea Rex Club Member Club Member

How many other schools have programs that do this?

3. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

The problem is the loyalty to a B4L member appears to be trumping their allegiance to CU. Maybe that is unfair, but I cannot see any reason to allow the FB program to founder any longer under current leadership. I was lukewarm at best on the Embree hire as I really did not see the resume credentials to lead a BCS program as HC. I desperately wanted him to succeed, but he has failed in a most epic manner. There is no shame in trying and failing and I really do not expect him to quit, he isn't a quitter. But to hang on, or insist that he stay on, ignores the facts of what is going on and puts one man ahead of the entire program and it's proud history.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I tried referring to them as the "Mac Cabal", but is problematic too. It kind of makes people who disagree get labeled as anti-Mac in general, which isn't fair.

5. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

Might be overly simplistic, but why not just call them Camp Embree. There may be some folks within the actual Buffs4Life organization who are also in favor of a coaching change, seeing some of the same things that the rest of us are seeing. Similarly, there may be folks who support JE coming back who have no ties or connections with B4L (shocking though that may be). Just call them what they are, Embree supporters.

6. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

This whole thing regarding the Buffs4life is getting blown out of proportion. The misinformation has just skyrocketed based upon internet postings and innuendo. The B4L organization has not hijacked the athletic department and there is not any formal organized movement involving the members of that organization to keep Embree. It is probably less involved in the coaching decision than the mob mentality of firing Embree here on All Buffs. B4L is a non factor in the current coaching decision. B4L's mission is to help formers Buffs that may be enduring a hardship and to also have a bridge to all Former Buffs.

Just because some former players (who are involved in B4L) were advocating a hire with ties to CU does not mean they were speaking for the B4L organization - they were not.

Orr is correct - people on this board need to quit using the B4L moniker as identifying a group that is driving this because they are not.

OrangeBowl likes this.
  7. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

It's time to start naming names. Who are the people responsible for 'forcing' MB hand with this hire? Why are we letting them remain anonymous(besides Coach Mac)?

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

"Camp Embree"

9. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

How about camp status quo? Or, camp confused? Or, camp okay with a horrendous football program?

Coming up with new names for the other side might be fun. How about the imperial empire. We can think of ourselves as the rebel alliance. I want to be Han.

10. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

We are the Goonies and they are the group led by Troy's father. I want to be mouth.