What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#BuffsMadness officially announced for October 12th

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Do you want CU to have March Madness?

Do you think that there's a perfect opportunity to do it the day after the Arizona State blackout football game (Friday, October 12th)?

Do you want to do your part to help make it happen?

There's been a lot of discussion lately on what we as fans could do to let CU know that we'd like to have a Midnight Madness celebration to start basketball season off in style. A lot of people have been tweeting #CUMarchMadness on twitter to try to draw attention. There's been talk of phone calls and other plans. However, I think the best thing that you can do is to email Matt Biggers (our new CMO) and Mike Bohn on this. BE RESPECTFUL. BE SMART. In other words, don't be a dumbass. Just tell them that you'd really like for CU to have Midnight Madness and that you guarantee that you would be there to support the team that night.

Honestly, the odds are not good on this one. Tad has mentioned that he doesn't want to do it unless the Keg is full. I'm not sure we're there yet. But we need to let CU know that there is a demand for this.

mike.bohn@colorado.edu
matt.biggers@colorado.edu

Spread the word on this. The more people that email, the better odds we have.

I emailed Bohn the other day, he responded that they are looking into it and would like to see it full if they do it. I also included a PIC of the French announcers in the CU gear and explained how there was a lot of interest and people following this team this summer.

Like Goose said this is a long-shot, if this doesn't happen this year showing Bohn that there is interest could lay the groundwork for next year.

For those of you who are interested, a small financial pledge like what we did for the students headed to ABQ would go miles towards swaying opinion. Honestly something on the order of $50 from a number of us would register true interest and push this farther towards reality.

Bump for the afternoon crowd.

I got a response from both of them, so they're reading the emails at least.
I did as well.

From Bohn: "Right On!"

From Biggers: "Thank you for your input and support. While we don’t have anything to announce at this time, we are working through this as we speak and this could indeed become a reality! Go Buffs!"

Even if it doesn't work for this year, we want to lay the groundwork for future years on this one. Midnight Madness, when done correctly, is HUGE for recruiting. HUGE. Imagine if you're a Dominique Collier or Josh Perkins next year. We invite you up for your official visit on the weekend that MM happens. You come in to the Keg -- that's completely full of screaming fans that all know who you are. You don't think that would sway them?

I also got positive feedback about exploring this from Bohn and a contact at the foundation. They mentioned what really pushed them to explore this with marketing and events was that several Buff fans out of the blue offered to donate to make sure the event happened. So for any of you that did, many thanks; and for the rest of us anything we can donate to help push this forward would be great even if it is a small amount it shows real interest in a winning program at CU.

https://colorado.donornetpac.com/Signup.aspx

@Nate_Tomlinson: smh bout time.. I might have to make a guest appearance “@FlyDre21: #CUMidnightMadness just might happen!!”
I asked him if he was gonna have the beard :lol:

Must be new around these parts... as always your answer can be found here :

1057 W. College Ave.
Independence, KS 67301
Phone: 620.331.4100 • 800.842.6063

and giving them a quick call may help with this whole midnight madness thing as well :lol:

I have to think that Jabari Bird ends up here if not for those meddling registrars from Independence Community College. *smh*

Would be such an epic weekend. They could do an RSVP thing on the AD website and see how many people they can get to say they will be there. If they hit 7000 then it happens. Makes hardcore fans talk to everyone they know to get them signed up.

IF this is true (I refuse to get my hopes up), all of the credit goes to the fans. From what I heard, it was all but ruled out over a week ago. Apparently the emails and donations, along with the public support on The Ralphie Report, made the difference. So, buffaloflyer was right, this is all because of YOU!

So for that, I thank everyone. Now let's hope it's true!

From Reed

When asked for details into #CUMidnightMadness, Mike Bohn said, "stay tuned, soon." Momentum from Pac12 championship grows daily. #GoBuffs

Before I give the fans any credit, I need to get flyer's opinion.

I'm so ****ing stoked for this. Yeah, I'm so stoked I used the word stoked. This is, like, totally tubular.

Back