What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Burks is gone (was: Burks Postpones Announcement til tomorrow)

Tom_Kensler_Denver_Post2_normal.jpg

tomkensler Tom Kensler

Burks said as of yesterday he thought he was coming back.

that is really interesting because as of the first round of the NCAA's he'd purportedly made his mind up the other way.

Kensler is not exactly right with that. What Burks said was that as of yesterday he was giving serious consideration to coming back, not that he thought he was comig back.

This was expected, and guys...it's good news. Good luck Alec. Go get paid!!! You deserve it

Kensler is not exactly right with that. What Burks said was that as of yesterday he was giving serious consideration to coming back, not that he thought he was comig back.

Imagine that, Kensler getting something wrong. Color me surprised.

Good luck Alec! Hopefully there isn't a lockout next year so this will be the right choice. He's projected to go #10 right now, although I wouldn't mind him slipping up higher in the draft. :thumbsup: I hope he just remembers where he played ball and got to the level he's at now and either is present in the future development of the CU program (whether it be monetarily and/or through his presence in Boulder for games). Go Buffs!

Nope just heard the quote again "I had some great meetings yesterday, before yesterday i was coming back"

I wish Burks the best and I think he made the right move which sucks.

Let's go beat up some Pac-12 teams!

I wish Burks the best and I think he made the right move which sucks.

Let's go beat up some Pac-12 teams!

The money is too good. Cant blame a man for getting paid.

Not knocking on Tad Boyle, but for Burks develop as a better player, the earlier NBA coaches begin teaching him and the earlier he learns how to be a professional athlete the better. Look at Billups he went in early, didnt wow the NBA but once he learned the NBA game he became a star.

Last edited:
The money is too good. Cant blame a man for getting paid.

Not knocking on Tad Boyle, but for Burks develop as a better player, the earlier NBA coaches begin teaching him and the earlier he learns how to be a professional athlete the better. Look at Billups he went in early, didnt wow the NBA but once he learned the NBA game he became a star.

Yeah. The NBA did a great job developing Chauncey.

The window to make money playing ball opens and closes fast.

Live the dream, Alec. There are kids all over America who'd give anything to have this opportunity.

Go Buffs!

Best of luck to him! It was a blast watching him while he was here, and though I was hoping he'd stay for selfish CU-based reasons, this was the right call for him. Can't pass up being a top-15 pick, and it will be fun having another CU guy to cheer for in the league.

Best of luck to Alec. Can't blame him for taking the $. I just have a feeling that 6 years from now Alec is going to be on team #3 and like so many other early entries all people will talk about is when is he going to reach his potential and use him as an example of the guy that should have stayed in college longer.

I will continue to believe that him staying would have been the best decision to develop his basketball skills. I hope he proves me wrong.

Best of luck to Alec. Can't blame him for taking the $. I just have a feeling that 6 years from now Alec is going to be on team #3 and like so many other early entries all people will talk about is when is he going to reach his potential and use him as an example of the guy that should have stayed in college longer.

I will continue to believe that him staying would have been the best decision to develop his basketball skills. I hope he proves me wrong.

Chauncey II??? He turned out alright.

Back