What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Davis

Gold

Pros:

1. His name is Butch, built in familiarity
2. He's won at Miami and UNC
3. No training wheels necessary
4. No show cause penalty

Cons:

1. He ran a shady program at UNC
2. He's older than most candidates at 61
3. His name is Butch, built in familiarity

Thoughts?

The first fact under Cons is debatable. I am thinking it was mostly John Blake and Davis took the fall for everything that happened under his watch.

He's probably a no go since the cheating involved some academics.

I'm for it only because it allows us to keep the #ButchPlease hashtag on Twitter.

His personal nanny committed academic fraud for football players.

Stop the madness, people.

He's Petrino-lite. Doubt we consider him, but the line for experienced, available, winning coaches isn't very long.

His program was insanely dirty in the academic department. On one hand, I don't think he could game the CU system in the same way (do we offer any real, honest, for actual undergraduate credit towards a real degree, courses 100% online?), but on the other, there's no way the AD could sell this to the academic side of the university. I mean, the cheating was brazen under him. Either he is genuinely ignorant about what academic integrity actually means and was deliberately ignoring what was going on, or he really thinks football players shouldn't have to do anything beyond the playing field in order to "earn" their degrees.

His program was insanely dirty in the academic department. On one hand, I don't think he could game the CU system in the same way (do we offer any real, honest, for actual undergraduate credit towards a real degree, courses 100% online?), but on the other, there's no way the AD could sell this to the academic side of the university. I mean, the cheating was brazen under him. Either he is genuinely ignorant about what academic integrity actually means and was deliberately ignoring what was going on, or he really thinks football players shouldn't have to do anything beyond the playing field in order to "earn" their degrees.

My wife is getting her Masters in Nursing from CUHS and its 100% online. I don't know about undergrad but I bet there are some. Could it be any worse than math mods? That was the biggest travesty of education at CU in my experience.

My cousin is a tenured pHD prof of nursing at The U and when I raised my objections concerns about this new way of teaching she said this IS the future....

pretty scary if you ask me.

Butch is done. By the time the crap at UNC becoems old news he will be too old to be considered for any high profile jobs.

Back