What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones accepts offer to become next CU HC per the Denver Post

Sorry but cu looks like some teenager waiting for the girl to tell him yes or no to the prom.

Start conducting your biz like a BCS program instead of some chinese fire drill.

Waiting around like a lost puppy for a coach who recruits in cali,texas and the west never heard of.

Meanwhile, cal gets Sonny dykes.

Colorado can afford to wait... considering it seems our next target is Tim DeRuyter. At this moment DeRuyter isn't at the top of any other schools list. If our back-up options were interviewing heavily then yes we would have to hurry the process but they aren't.

Leverage = CU conducting other interviews and closing on 2nd and 3rd options while leaving the door open for food cart. Then giving him a cut off time if it drags too long. Bohn didn't get leverage on the situation.

Or the deal has been done for a while.

Colorado can afford to wait... considering it seems our next target is Tim DeRuyter. At this moment DeRuyter isn't at the top of any other schools list. If our back-up options were interviewing heavily then yes we would have to hurry the process but they aren't.
Great our 2d choice is a guy nobody else wants...

DeRuyter is intriguing, but he inherited Derek Carr and Robbie Rouse. That combo can make a lot of coaches look good.

Wanted to give you all the latest update from Cincy. I just saw CBJ interview on the news when he landed after his trip to Charlotte. He stated that no decision has been made, this affects "a lof of families, I have 9 coaches" that are invested in this decision along with their loved ones, this is not just about me. He has a lot invested in this community and so do they, will have a decision tomorrow.
This can't end soon enough....

Wanted to give you all the latest update from Cincy. I just saw CBJ interview on the news when he landed after his trip to Charlotte. He stated that no decision has been made, this affects "a lof of families, I have 9 coaches" that are invested in this decision along with their loved ones, this is not just about me. He has a lot invested in this community and so do they, will have a decision tomorrow.
This can't end soon enough....

Fookin' A, we're not asking to bring us peace in the middle east, do you want the job or not?

You may be right about this, but my stronger suspicion tells me he's committed to tying up loose ends, and it's more indicative of commitment to his sense of obligation and people. But I'm also wrong about **** all of the time, so who knows?
I am right there with you. I believe he genuinely wants to tell his players first, but what do I know?

Per Twitter, Cracker Barrell order took 2.5 hours. Couldn't decide between sizzling fajitas or dancing prawns over rice.

Is he going to drag us through this kind of indecision when USC hires him away after they fire Lane Kiffin?

Wait, so he didn't actually accept? What in the world is going on? How many times is the media going to jump the gun?

I don't know who is more embarrassing - our entire football program, or the local media who covers them.

I would bet most people will not remember this fiasco next year when CU is winning games with CBJ. I wish he was staying here in Cincy, but my gut tells me he is all but gone.

I would bet most people will not remember this fiasco next year when CU is winning games with CBJ. I wish he was staying here in Cincy, but my gut tells me he is all but gone.

If he comes, then you are correct. Nobody will care in a month.

No reputable sources have confirmed this, and it's therefore not a national story. Proverbial tree falling in the woods. If he somehow doesn't come here however...

This whole situation has got me in such a condition that I am spending my time modifying Shakespeare (badly) to fit the CU situation:

To coach at Colorado, or not to coach at Colorado --that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of competing in the Big East with no good bowl tie-ins
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, namely Oregon and Stanford
And by opposing end them. To die, to win--
No more--and by a win to say we end
The heartache, and the thousand conference game losses, and the worst defense in the land
That we have seen for far too long. Coaching at Colorado is a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep--
To sleep--perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of loosing football games what dreams may come of winning
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.
For who would bear the whips and scorns of losing to Sacramento State,
Th' oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely
The pangs of despised fumbles, interceptions, and delay of game after a time out,
The insolence of the fans posting on the message boards, and the spurns
That patient merit of th' unworthy press displays, or not,
When he himself might his contract make 2.6 millions of dollars per year
With a bare cupboard of two and three stars? Who would walk-ons bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of losing to Colorado State!
The undiscovered country, from whose bourn
No losing coach returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather keep an athletic director who can hire a good basketball coach
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus having Fresno State score 45 points in the first quarter does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue son of Colorado
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of losing all but one game in a season,
And enterprise of great pitch and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose football games one after the other. -- Soft you now,
The fair Barbara! -- Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins forgotten.

wow what's wrong with this guy? just make a decision. I kinda want him to stay at Cincy now, lets get DeRuyter

Can we please talk about how embarrassing this is for the Denver Post? Who first reported this false scoop? If it's Henderson he ought to be fired on the spot.

No reputable sources have confirmed this, and it's therefore not a national story. Proverbial tree falling in the woods. If he somehow doesn't come here however...

I think it being on the ticker at the bottom of ESPN (that he has accepted the job says Denver Post, Butch Jones denies it) makes it a national story.

Either CU really screwed up or the Denver Post did.

I think it being on the ticker at the bottom of ESPN (that he has accepted the job says Denver Post, Butch Jones denies it) makes it a national story.

Either CU really screwed up or the Denver Post did.

Hadn't flipped on ESPN tonight, hope that ticker gets taken down... Still can't understand the series of events that could've led to such a massively blown story. We're sure it was Henderson and not Woody? No byline on that original story.

Hadn't flipped on ESPN tonight, hope that ticker gets taken down... Still can't understand the series of events that could've led to such a massively blown story. We're sure it was Henderson and not Woody? No byline on that original story.

I'm guessing he's taking the job, told a few key personnel, told them not to tell anybody, because he needed to face the (cincy) team on his own terms (I believe that's very important to him). One of those few told someone who leaked it to the DP and their Twitter Desk Editor made the decision that it was solid enough to run.

Butch felt betrayed and hurt, and his sincere effort to reach out to his team as a leader was undermined; he then lashed out with a strong denial in an effort to pull it all back together again.

I suspect that's all that is going on here.

Can we please talk about how embarrassing this is for the Denver Post? Who first reported this false scoop? If it's Henderson he ought to be fired on the spot.
Hendo is on vacation in Bali...no word on whether the Bali islands have 14 year old gymnasts in leotards.

I suspect that's all that is going on here.

Hope you're right. What a monumental **** up if our side leaked it. Based on everyone's description of Butch's character, getting betrayed by a future employer before you even set foot on the job could actually impact your decision.

This has Woody Paige's fingers all over it

Henderson is out of the country, and Kensler is covering the hire. Kensler is a pro and may be the best journalist in the Denver/Boulder area, so I doubt it was him

Hope you're right. What a monumental **** up if our side leaked it. Based on everyone's description of Butch's character, getting betrayed by a future employer before you even set foot on the job could actually impact your decision.

Or, knowing his character, it could be the UC athletic department diabolically leaking it so Butch wound think it was CU, thereby souring the relationship before it starts.

Back