What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones-Decision Day #3 Thread

No offense Cpaw but he's always been gone. I do not think this was ever between CU and UC. It's always been between CU and whatever else he thinks he can get. He may stick around one more year but Jones isn't going to stay at Cincy any longer than that.

BJ was playing Bohn. Bohn had no clue. BJ was always looking for a way to use CU. I have been suggesting that possibility since Tuesday. He was just looking for a way to get some more dough out of Cincy, and then posture for a premium gig. Bohn gets out negotiated for about the 400th time...what a joke. I didn't really want Jones, but he would have been a good get. Meanwhile Sonny Dykes is off the board and at Cal.

It seems likely. A coaching prospect that drags his feet for days, and then leverages a minor slight to posture his self-righteious indignation, probably had another agenda to begin with.

@schadjoe
Butch Jones has declined an offer from Colorado, a source close to the coach said

@bkoch
#bearcats Butch Jones has withdrawn his name from consideration for the Colorado job.

I am in awe. Now we at UC wait and go through this again with TN.....
Cpaw,
Good having you around here and best of luck to the Bearcats with, or without, BJ. Hope you'll consider sticking around AllBuffs after this is all over (and I think that's right about now...).

No offense Cpaw but he's always been gone. I do not think this was ever between CU and UC. It's always been between CU and whatever else he thinks he can get. He may stick around one more year but Jones isn't going to stay at Cincy any longer than that.

So true, this was the base of one of my very first posts here. If he does not leave this year, we will be going through this at the same time next year.

@schadjoe
Butch Jones has declined an offer from Colorado, a source close to the coach said

@bkoch
#bearcats Butch Jones has withdrawn his name from consideration for the Colorado job.

I am in awe. Now we at UC wait and go through this again with TN.....
Best of luck to you, sounds like BJ has wandering eyes and is really just playing all sides while looking for a plum job. Hope you guys can end up in a solid conference going forward, ACC would fit well with football and especially your basketball program. Watch out for Texass if you go the B12 route...

Cpaw,
Good having you around here and best of luck to the Bearcats with, or without, BJ. Hope you'll consider sticking around AllBuffs after this is all over (and I think that's right about now...).

You all have been great, thanks for letting me join in on the soap opera with you all. I may stick around, good to hear things from other peoples perspectives.

If nothing else, we can put the "Butch is a man of honor" story line to rest. I mean, good on you Butch, you used us to get more money somewhere else.

Isn't this what's wrong with Bohn though? It might not cost much, maybe 500k to 1m, but he definitely lost leverage. Coupled with his previous failures, the overwhelming evidence points towards incompetence. I'd be shocked if he didn't fall ass backwards into the PAC-12.

He still has full leverage. He can tell either MacIntyre or Derutyer take the offer or leave it because the other guy wants it.

You all have been great, thanks for letting me join in on the soap opera with you all. I may stick around, good to hear things from other peoples perspectives.

I wish you well. Your program deserves better than this, and this guy doesn't care how he drags you along. I hope you get that big conference invite sewed up.

He still has full leverage. He can tell either MacIntyre or Derutyer take the offer or leave it because the other guy wants it.

Isn't this the prisoner's dilemma? They obviously won't collude, but I'd be shocked if the price didn't go up for both of them. Their agents suck if they can't get more cash.

You're thinking Bohn calls both and says $1.5m take it or leave it, and one of the two will accept without negotiating. Plausible, but probably unlikely in my opinion. When there are lawyers involved, there's always proposals and counter proposals.

Well, Butch played the game an is taking his talents elsewhere and I have to agree with WSP above. If this was the paper story, it is weak sauce. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and was flat our wrong. Not sure where he is going but at this point, good bye, we never knew ya (well we have an idea of who you are now).

Bohn now will end up overpaying for DeRuyter or MacIntyre... that is pretty much assured.

Isn't this the prisoner's dilemma? They obviously won't collude, but I'd be shocked if the price didn't go up for both of them. Their agents suck if they can't get more cash.

You're thinking Bohn calls both and says $1.5m take it or leave it, and one of the two will accept without negotiating. Plausible, but probably unlikely in my opinion. When there are lawyers involved, there's always proposals and counter proposals.

I hope we don't settle for the one willing to take a few hundred thousand less. I hope we take the right one.

This whole things reeks of some sort of A&E or Bravo reality TV bull**** about some spoiled Beverley Hill brat 17 year old trying to decide who she's going to the prom with. If Jones really did dump us because of a leak, then **** him.

This whole thing reeks of a very immature person not ready at all for the big time! I didn't like DeRuyter at the start, but at least he WANTS to be a Buff. And he dropped over 60 on us this year, knows how bad we are, and still wants to come. Get him done.

According to a Buffscoop tweet - Tennessee showed up, and that is probably the primary driver of all this

I think that we dodged a bullet on Jones. If he acts like this much of a scumbag during the hiring process, I can only imagine what he would have done when times got tough. Upward and onward!

According to a Buffscoop tweet - Tennessee showed up, and that is probably the primary driver of all this

True. Reports here are he has only withdrawn name from CU job, and has not announced he is staying here. I am sure they are lining up the food carts in TN!

The simple fact is that BJ will never, ever get another opportunity to pull these kinds of shenanigans again. The next school that tries to hire him away from UC (and, there will be a next school), will tell him that their offer expires the second he steps off their campus; he will have to take it or leave it then. He will never be given the opportunity to "think it over" ever again.

If he turns around at goes to Tenn, then I don't know how much you can blame CU here. They threw boatloads of cash at him, put him with his drama for 3 days, only to have him jump at some itsy bitsy leak.

I feel worse for Cincinnati fans. Really unprofessional how Butch is handling this

If he turns around at goes to Tenn, then I don't know how much you can blame CU here. They threw boatloads of cash at him, put him with his drama for 3 days, only to have him jump at some itsy bitsy leak.

I feel worse for Cincinnati fans. Really unprofessional how Butch is handling this

This.

No, I'm not. Here's the public evidence: http://bit.ly/WLQhsx.

This is absolutely what happened. It will come out.
That has nothing to do with the leak yesterday. Nice try though. It's widely known that the agent and Woody Paige have a close relationship. Paige works at the Post. The Post was the one that ran the story. Follow that timeline for yourself. This isn't rocket science.

That has nothing to do with the leak yesterday. Nice try though. It's widely known that the agent and Woody Paige have a close relationship. Paige works at the Post. The Post was the one that ran the story. Follow that timeline for yourself. This isn't rocket science.

For the 3rd time, we have confirmations from multiple people that the CU AD was what leaked it. Bienvenu, MileHighSports, and others. It wasn't his agent.

Back