What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones Decision Day Thread

If he has committed to CU, no way Bohn lets it slip out before Jones has a chance to exit Cincy the way he wants to, most likely face to face with his players. Too important to risk pissing Jones off.

Anybody who implies Bohn f***ed this up if Jones doesn't come can go **** themselves b/c from what I can tell Bohn pulled out all the stops, got boosters to step up, got the administration to stepup with a very hefty salary for him and his staff, commitment to facilities, etc.

If he Jones doesn't come it is not for lack of trying. And we are competing against a Big 10 team going to a bowl game and his own team which is also going to a bowl game. I think the odds were actually against us going into this.

I still hope he comes but if not, I give Bohn an A for effort and say onward and upward with the next in line (who I think might be DeRuyter and I'd be happy with that).

Anybody who implies Bohn f***ed this up if Jones doesn't come can go **** themselves b/c from what I can tell Bohn pulled out all the stops, got boosters to step up, got the administration to stepup with a very hefty salary for him and his staff, commitment to facilities, etc.

If he Jones doesn't come it is not for lack of trying. And we are competing against a Big 10 team going to a bowl game and his own team which is also going to a bowl game. I think the odds were actually against us going into this.

I still hope he comes but if not, I give Bohn an A for effort and say onward and upward with the next in line (who I think might be DeRuyter and I'd be happy with that).
This. Ymssr.

My experience is that, in your mind, you make decisions, then have kind of buyers remorse, then make a different decision then have buyer's remorse, then.... :lol:

The most important thing is that CU is finally getting it.

Completely agree. Bohn and the entire Admin are stepping up now that we have the resources in place to play with the big boys.

His "bowl game discussion" is at 11am MST. 2 hours from now. I really have no idea what he is going to do? a million $ raise is a nice raise, new practice facility, improvements to an already nice dal Ward Center, national championship trophy, Heisman trophy, Boulder is beautiful (and was real nice yesterday), good schools for their 3 boys, town voted as one of the best places to live in the country....tough decision for him

%100 agree with this.

The press conference today at 1 is about the Bowl Game. It would be poor form for it to turn into a conference for his job change. My guess is he is weighing all the options and discussing it with his inner circle which may only consist of his wife or maybe others. These are big decisions and I am sure he wants to be comfortable with it.

At the same time - if he is going to leave Cincinnati to coach at CU, he probably isn't going to coach in the bowl game. Why would he be a participant in a bowl game press conference of a bowl game he wouldn't even be coaching in.

It would seem to me that if he is at the press conference for the bowl game, he is going to stay at Cincinnati.

I don't like this.

Per Reed Marks twitter:

@reedmarks: I am told that he has a verbal offer from UC and will meet w/ UC Pres for details of their restructured offer. @MileHighSports

The press conference today at 1 is about the Bowl Game. It would be poor form for it to turn into a conference for his job change. My guess is he is weighing all the options and discussing it with his inner circle which may only consist of his wife or maybe others. These are big decisions and I am sure he wants to be comfortable with it.

Assuming he'd be bringing staff, he'd probably have to discuss it with them, and they'd have to discuss with their families.

At the same time - if he is going to leave Cincinnati to coach at CU, he probably isn't going to coach in the bowl game. Why would he be a participant in a bowl game press conference of a bowl game he wouldn't even be coaching in.

It would seem to me that if he is at the press conference for the bowl game, he is going to stay at Cincinnati.
Ahh, you can spin it both ways pretty easily. If he'd already made the decision, he'd tell us. And, who knows, maybe he has. I don't know.

I can't imagine him staying at Cinci in a dying Big East when he could land a good job in the Pac 12 at a flagship state University that has a very good history. Of course, what do I know.

Ahh, you can spin it both ways pretty easily. If he'd already made the decision, he'd tell us. And, who knows, maybe he has. I don't know.

Actually, I think the bowl game presser is a perfect opportunity for him to come out and announce that he is staying at Cincinnati.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in Bohns office today. I bet every time the phone rings he jumps a foot out of his chair.

I don't like this.

Per Reed Marks twitter:

@reedmarks: I am told that he has a verbal offer from UC and will meet w/ UC Pres for details of their restructured offer. @MileHighSports
Sounds like he is still negotiating. But, if he's listening, that isn't great for us.

Just curious, how did we go from Reed Marks saying he is 99.9% certain Jones is our guy and probably coming to the basketball game on wednesday, to wait and see mode?

anytime you are changing jobs it is a tough decision. Add to that 3 boys and a wife + moving to a town that he probably has never even been to before?? man who knows?

Hey, whatever happens, CU is stepping up to the plate. There are still a lot of good candidates out there that, given the tools, will be successful.

Assuming he'd be bringing staff, he'd probably have to discuss it with them, and they'd have to discuss with their families.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm sure he'd like to bring some of his current staff with him and talking to them about the move would take some time.

Figured it would be easy to keep it all in one place.

Latest I have: Jones is 50/50 as of 7.07am MST. I believe his wife makes the final decision and have reason to say that. I will post on this thread as we go this morning.

WHAT!?! Do we really want this pword? How do we expect a man to turn a losing team into a winning beastly team if he can't even tell his wife to get her ass in the truck!?

Back