What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones Decision Day Thread

WHAT!?! Do we really want this pword? How do we expect a man to turn a losing team into a winning beastly team if he can't even tell his wife to get her ass in the truck!?

I want to agree with you on this, but I'm afraid to.

I just don't think there would be any reason that he would be a part of the bowl game presser that is good for us. Either he is at the presser because he is staying at Cincy (worst case) or that he's coming to Boulder but is still planning on coaching in the bowl (meaning he misses out on a month of recruiting here).

I understand that he's a good guy - I don't see any way a "good guy" would be at a bowl game presser then announce later that night he's not even going to coach that game. That's Saban/Petrino territory right there.

At the same time - if he is going to leave Cincinnati to coach at CU, he probably isn't going to coach in the bowl game. Why would he be a participant in a bowl game press conference of a bowl game he wouldn't even be coaching in.

It would seem to me that if he is at the press conference for the bowl game, he is going to stay at Cincinnati.

May not be able to get all of the players in one room until after the press conference... I agree that if he was gonna stay he would just come out and say it. I have no idea however if UC has counter-offered yet.

It's only Tuesday. Settle down.

My only point being - Reed's 99.9% assurance rings very hollow when he follows it up by saying he's only 50/50 not even 12 hours later. Not that I don't appreciate his inside slant - but now I really don't know who to believe.

WHAT!?! Do we really want this pword? How do we expect a man to turn a losing team into a winning beastly team if he can't even tell his wife to get her ass in the truck!?

Redneck logic, but it works all thru the SEC

At the same time - if he is going to leave Cincinnati to coach at CU, he probably isn't going to coach in the bowl game. Why would he be a participant in a bowl game press conference of a bowl game he wouldn't even be coaching in.

It would seem to me that if he is at the press conference for the bowl game, he is going to stay at Cincinnati.

contractually obligated?

I just don't think there would be any reason that he would be a part of the bowl game presser that is good for us. Either he is at the presser because he is staying at Cincy (worst case) or that he's coming to Boulder but is still planning on coaching in the bowl (meaning he misses out on a month of recruiting here).

I understand that he's a good guy - I don't see any way a "good guy" would be at a bowl game presser then announce later that night he's not even going to coach that game. That's Saban/Petrino territory right there.
Has a coach ever taken a new job yet stayed to coach the bowl game?

Cincy is still adamant that this press conference is about the bowl game and nothing else. I just can't imagine that they would try to go on with this press conference if he wasn't staying.

Please know that this media opportunity is NOT an announcement related to reports of Coach Jones being offered another job. There is a time and place for those discussions, but today is about celebrating the accomplishments of the 2012 UC football team, its BIG EAST Conference Championship and the upcoming matchup with Duke on Dec. 27, 2012.

Kensler is confirming that he will be at the press conference at 11am MTN (the bowl game presser)

My only point being - Reed's 99.9% assurance rings very hollow when he follows it up by saying he's only 50/50 not even 12 hours later. Not that I don't appreciate his inside slant - but now I really don't know who to believe.

At some point I will be able to give all of the sources, how it happened, when it happened...etc I went to bed ready to cover a presser tomorrow and woke up to calls, from good credible sources, that said things have changed. Its not about slant or believability, its about the fact that things really do change.

One positive we can take from all of this no matter which way it goes, CU Admin is finally stepping up to support the football program. They apparently had an impressive sales pitch yesterday. If it doesn't work its not on the AD its on the coach and his family.

If I'm Bohn, either:

1) Fly to Cincy, make the offer sweeter (in person).
2) Start interviewing other candidates today. Don't wait for Butch to string you along.

At some point I will be able to give all of the sources, how it happened, when it happened...etc I went to bed ready to cover a presser tomorrow and woke up to calls, from good credible sources, that said things have changed. Its not about slant or believability, its about the fact that things really do change.

Fair enough. Will be interested to hear the whole story at some point. Thanks for telling us what you know.

You're obviously not married-or divorced several times :rofl:

Just curious, how did we go from Reed Marks saying he is 99.9% certain Jones is our guy and probably coming to the basketball game on wednesday, to wait and see mode?

He left Boulder without signing a contract, thats what happened. He is back in friendly confines with EVERYONE he sees today asking him to stay and reinforcing how great he and cinci are.

Bball game appearence in front of packed house and CSewe would be allsome.

If I'm Bohn, either:

1) Fly to Cincy, make the offer sweeter (in person).
2) Start interviewing other candidates today. Don't wait for Butch to string you along.

At least have some names lined up, maybe leak them to put some pressure on Butch?

Those bearcats either dont take their football seriously or they do take their jobs seriously.

http://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=7101&page=6

someone posted this link earlier and I checked it out. The thread was started on 11/30 and its only 6 pages long, and since I opened it there have been 2 new posts while I have seen this thread go from 4 to 10 pages in less than an hour.

Kinda feel like I should get back to work :lol:

One positive we can take from all of this no matter which way it goes, CU Admin is finally stepping up to support the football program. They apparently had an impressive sales pitch yesterday. If it doesn't work its not on the AD its on the coach and his family.

I think this is the real news. If the admin is willing to step up, then good things will eventually happen if it's Butch Jones or someone else. This is the real victory.

[video=youtube;XKVmpJaMffM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKVmpJaMffM[/video]

Back