What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones Decision Day Thread

He is staying.

StarWars_vader_noooo-thumb-550x378-32922.jpg

[video=youtube;XKVmpJaMffM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKVmpJaMffM[/video]

I did some moderate day drinking yesterday...maybe white russians today? Heading to coffee shop to do chat, maybe I can get Saturday night locked up today.

I don't like this.

Per Reed Marks twitter:

@reedmarks: I am told that he has a verbal offer from UC and will meet w/ UC Pres for details of their restructured offer. @MileHighSports

I don't see how Cinci can possibly match the whole package that Colorado is offering. They may be able to match his salary, but are they going to match the assistant pool? How about facilities? He has reportedly been frustrated at the lack of progress on that front from them. He seemingly has a $200 M facility committment from Colorado, I don't think Cincinnati can match that.

Hardly a credibly source at this point.
I feel like Klatt has chosen his lot when it comes to CU. He sided with Embree and Mac and railed against Bohn, et. al.

Why does he feel he has any authority or moral right to now appear as an unbiased journalist or worse yet, a loyal CU alum, to now conjecture about the status of our coaching search for which he is completely opposed???

Having said that, I hope he's right :nod:

WHAT!?! Do we really want this pword? How do we expect a man to turn a losing team into a winning beastly team if he can't even tell his wife to get her ass in the truck!?

Okay then... Stop your posting and get I the damn truck!

If you are so inclined that is. :smile2:

I don't see how Cinci can possibly match the whole package that Colorado is offering. They may be able to match his salary, but are they going to match the assistant pool? How about facilities? He has reportedly been frustrated at the lack of progress on that front from them. He seemingly has a $200 M facility committment from Colorado, I don't think Cincinnati can match that.

They also can't match being in a BCS conference which may be the biggest factors of all.

I feel like Klatt has chosen his lot when it comes to CU. He sided with Embree and Mac and railed against Bohn, et. al.

Why does he feel he has any authority or moral right to now appear as an unbiased journalist or worse yet, a loyal CU alum, to now conjecture about the status of our coaching search for which he is completely opposed???

Having said that, I hope he's right :nod:

Boyd has really made the journey from self-righteous uninteresting noob, to a full-fledged contributing member at Allbuffs. Most improved poster behind 'tini in my opinion.

Yes, Boyd, that's a compliment, if that was at all unclear.

Boyd has really made the journey from self-righteous uninteresting noob, to a full-fledged contributing member at Allbuffs. Most improved poster behind 'tini in my opinion.

backhanded, the way we like um around here. ****ing assholes.

Well even if BJ stays in Cinci we have a moral victory as we beat out Purdue according to Arran Andersen on Twitter:

Eye on College Football reports Butch Jones will not take Purdue job. #CUBuffs still in the mix, decision should come soon

Has a coach ever taken a new job yet stayed to coach the bowl game?
Memory is a bit fuzzy right now, but didn't Hawkins do that to us? For some reason, I thought he accepted the job and then stayed at Boise to coach in their bowl game and we had our interim coach (Cabral?) coach the Outback (??) bowl or something like that..

Memory is a bit fuzzy right now, but didn't Hawkins do that to us? For some reason, I thought he accepted the job and then stayed at Boise to coach in their bowl game and we had our interim coach (Cabral?) coach the Outback (??) bowl or something like that..
Hankwitz coached the Champs Sports Bowl

I was glowing while reading this until you had to put tini in as more improved. Now I don't know if I should feel insulted or honoured :nod:

How much do we all flip out if he goes into the presser and says "of course I'm coaching the bowl game," but leaves the question of next season up in the air?

We have to get Jones! If we are gonna nickname our new coach we could be very happy with a BJ or sort of let down with a BM.

Gotta go to lunch now (I am 5 hours ahead of you blokes in boulder). We are on page 12 now, I assume when I come back in 45 minutes I'll have at least 10 pages of reading-and that's assuming we have no news. If we do, we may very well beat the oregon cheerleader thread today.

Gotta go to lunch now (I am 5 hours ahead of you blokes in boulder). We are on page 12 now, I assume when I come back in 45 minutes I'll have at least 10 pages of reading-and that's assuming we have no news. If we do, we may very well beat the oregon cheerleader thread today.

wait - are you somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic ocean? 5 hours does not make sense. add 2 more....

If he's looking to move up to a BCS conference anytime soon, I'm not sure why he'd re-up at Cincy. Say some big program comes calling next year ... wouldn't they face a giant buyout from his recently negotiated contract?

If he's looking to move up to a BCS conference anytime soon, I'm not sure why he'd re-up at Cincy. Say some big program comes calling next year ... wouldn't they face a giant buyout from his recently negotiated contract?
:yeahthat:
If this is a serious consideration, about the only thing cincy admin could throw at him would be if they've had some back-channel overtures from the ACC (unlikely) or the B1G (really unlikely).

Back