What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BYU To Bolt From The MWC Before Sept 1st ??

**** the Air Force.

Anybody got a problem with that?

gonavy_600.jpg

But what does Chip Brown have to say about this?

I keed, I keed.

I think there's a lot to that. BYU cannot stand the fact that Utah is in the P10 and they are not.

Well, if BYU would get off their high horse about scheduling anything on Sundays, they might, MIGHT, I say, have gotten the nod.

BYU would be crazy to not do this. While scheduling will be difficult for the first few years, it will get somewhat easier as time goes on. All they gain from MWC is scheduling. Otherwise they are being held back.

Absent the religious aspect, PAC 10 probably would have taken BYU over Utah.

BYU would be crazy to not do this. While scheduling will be difficult for the first few years, it will get somewhat easier as time goes on. All they gain from MWC is scheduling. Otherwise they are being held back.

Absent the religious aspect, PAC 10 probably would have taken BYU over Utah.

I'm not so sure. It also needs approval from the university presidents and BYU's a tough pill to swallow. Lack of graduate programs and restrictions on academic freedom for professors. Add in the political aspect after the LDS church led the Prop 8 charge in California and I think BYU is a non-starter for Pac discussions no matter how strong its sports teams may be.

I'm not so sure. It also needs approval from the university presidents and BYU's a tough pill to swallow. Lack of graduate programs and restrictions on academic freedom for professors. Add in the political aspect after the LDS church led the Prop 8 charge in California and I think BYU is a non-starter for Pac discussions no matter how strong its sports teams may be.

I agree with you. That is what I meant by absent the religious aspect (I was basically paraphrasing your reasons). My point was more that BYU is a storied program and probably carries the Utah TV market better than Utah. Therefore if they didn't have all their funky baggage it is a more desirable program.

I agree with you. That is what I meant by absent the religious aspect (I was basically paraphrasing your reasons). My point was more that BYU is a storied program and probably carries the Utah TV market better than Utah. Therefore if they didn't have all their funky baggage it is a more desirable program.

Yeah, I figured. I just didn't want to leave it out there because I've seen too many LDS guys gloss over all that stuff and boil it down to "they're discriminating against us due to our religion".

... but I think they feel the MWC will unravel without Utah and I'm sure they see TCU in the Big 12-2 or whatever soon, so maybe they're panicking.
I'm not so sure that they feel the MWC will unravel, I think that they feel the need to throw a counterpunch to Utah's move to the big boys table. I would assume that the MWC would have no interest in letting them go indy in football, but stay in the rest of the sports - hence the "move" back to the WAC. BYU has always considered themselves different. This is a way for them to break out of the MWC doldrums in football, and still protect the other sports by being in a conference.

I'm pretty sure this would be the apocalypse for the MWC if BYU left. Would any cable/satellite company want to carry the Mountain at that point?

Confirmation that this is moving forward unless the LDS blocks it, the MWC offers a Texas-like deal to BYU on tv rights, or BYU simply gets cold feet. Being treated like Notre Dame for BCS bowl automatic qualification is not in the cards and not a requirement for BYU to make this move.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5473151

I think there's a lot to that. BYU cannot stand the fact that Utah is in the P10 and they are not.

If CSU fans weren't such blowhards, I might actually feel bad for them. But they are, so I don't.

Ramnation is pretty fun today.

Interesting thread on the top about how the Cal-State system is pushing to get them all together. This would push San Diego State to join Fresno State and San Jose State in the WAC. Makes sense, actually.

The WAC should trade the MWC Louisiana Tech for SDSU.

That it is.

In the end, will this really have a big detrimental effect on CSU football, though? Their TV deal sucks ass right now, so it's not like they will lose a lot of money there. Nobody comes to see their games now, so will that really change?

That it is.

In the end, will this really have a big detrimental effect on CSU football, though? Their TV deal sucks ass right now, so it's not like they will lose a lot of money there. Nobody comes to see their games now, so will that really change?

I think Fairchild's been getting a recruiting bump by telling prospects that the MWC is on track for BCS status. It's probably a line that has helped their fundraising efforts with boosters, too. That dies on the vine. Otherwise, I'm not sure it's a big deal for them.

That it is.

You never know how this crap will shake out in the end. I suppose there is some chance they could end up in Big XII lite at some point. In the long run this may be good for CSU.

That it is.

We'll see. I just think it is so funny that they were so sure the MWC would be BCS soon and were actually ripping CU's choice to move to the Pac-10. Sucks to have options I guess.

They are now reporting that Boise State is backing out of the deal. It is posted in sheepnation so who knows if it is true. If it is true then :lol:

I doubt CSU ends up in the B12, although you never know what will happen a few years down the road when (not if, IMO) the Tejas-10 conference implodes. All it takes is one more school leaving to either kill or have to add members to that conference.

We'll see. I just think it is so funny that they were so sure the MWC would be BCS soon and were actually ripping CU's choice to move to the Pac-10. Sucks to have options I guess.

That's why I'm enjoying this now. They were brutal about CU going to the P10. I am laughing at them now. Maybe the WAC will take them back? :rofl2:

They are now reporting that Boise State is backing out of the deal. It is posted in sheepnation so who knows if it is true. If it is true then :lol:

I know that Desert News is pretty much a BYU mouthpiece, but I found this interesting:

Boise State, according to reports in Idaho, has a no-penalty clause that would allow it to back out of joining the Mountain West. This would leave the WAC with nine football schools while bumping the league up to 10 schools for other sports.

Furthermore, if the WAC decided it wanted to expand to 12 teams, a USU source said, there are a few MWC teams that would be happy to join BYU in a move back to the WAC, with the Mountain West a suddenly unstable conference.

If more than BYU and Boise State were to make a move to the WAC, the Mountain West might be crippled in many ways and be forced to seek schools from Conference USA to fill the unexpected empty spots around the conference table.

Whole article is worth a read

I know that Desert News is pretty much a BYU mouthpiece, but I found this interesting:

Boise State, according to reports in Idaho, has a no-penalty clause that would allow it to back out of joining the Mountain West. This would leave the WAC with nine football schools while bumping the league up to 10 schools for other sports.

Furthermore, if the WAC decided it wanted to expand to 12 teams, a USU source said, there are a few MWC teams that would be happy to join BYU in a move back to the WAC, with the Mountain West a suddenly unstable conference.

If more than BYU and Boise State were to make a move to the WAC, the Mountain West might be crippled in many ways and be forced to seek schools from Conference USA to fill the unexpected empty spots around the conference table.

Whole article is worth a read

From the article:

:wow:
“It will be a done deal probably on Thursday after the Quorum of the Twelve (Apostles) meets on Thursday,” the source said. “That’s the only thing holding it back right now.”

Quorum of the Twelve sounds like a Bond movie.

Last edited:
**** csu
**** byu
**** air force
**** tcu
**** boise st
**** 'em all.

Drop a deuce in someone's backseat. One member over there admitted he did that to an unlocked car in an RTD parking lot.

Back