What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BYU To Bolt From The MWC Before Sept 1st ??

Does BYU's channel show sports now? I got it on Direct TV ( I think its 364 or something close to that) or is it strictly religious programming?

ON their scheduling, I think they can get a strong schedule together. Take Utah, 4 WAC teams, Notre Dame/Navy/Army along with a few MWC teams (san diego State) and grab a couple of big east schools who are always looking for stronger schedules (pitt, wvu, cinncy) and along with one national power (UT, OU, USC, UCLA) they can put together a healthy schedule.

Last edited:
The WAC would take them. Not a step up, but if the MWC gives BYU more and they stay, TCU will not be happy.

Is the WAC better than the MWC though in football even without the Utah schools? I think its a stretch to say that. Changing conferences just to change conferences isn't going to give them a BCS berth or any more money.

Does BYU's channel show sports now? I got it on Direct TV ( I think its 364 or something close to that) or is it strictly religious programming?

I've seen them do a few sports. BYU TV is a local channel here, so its in the double digit channels on my directtv, and I've seen them broadcast byu volleyball and baseball games.

Is the WAC better than the MWC though in football even without the Utah schools? I think its a stretch to say that. Changing conferences just to change conferences isn't going to give them a BCS berth or any more money.

If BSU stays in the WAC and TCU goes, the WAC is the better conference.

If BSU stays in the WAC and TCU goes, the WAC is the better conference.

True but it doesn't get them an automatic BCS bid. So if it doesn't change their status why move back? Its not like the WAC is going to command more TV dollars than the MWC does now. I just think its a lateral move if even that for Boise to back out and TCU to look to get out.

"The Mountain West Conference has extended an offer of membership to California State University, Fresno and the University of Nevada, Reno."- Twitter

:lol: I wonder why three, does that mean boise is still on board?

"The Mountain West Conference has extended an offer of membership to California State University, Fresno and the University of Nevada, Reno."- Twitter

:lol: I wonder why three, does that mean boise is still on board?

i see two schools

Gotcha :canabis:

Maybe boise is out. Lose Utah, BYU, and Boise. Tough day for the MWC.

Fresno and Nevada turned the MWC down....looks like Sis will be going to the prom after all....

BREAKING NEWS: CSU has just accepted the invitation from the Front Range League. Rocky Mountain High School is not worried.

No surprise on FSU and UN-R turning down the MWC. Within a week of BSU leaving the WAC, all remaining members signed agreement on a $5 million exit fee in order to protect the conference. MWC better look south instead of west.

No surprise on FSU and UN-R turning down the MWC. Within a week of BSU leaving the WAC, all remaining members signed agreement on a $5 million exit fee in order to protect the conference. MWC better look south instead of west.

I think both NMSU and UTEP are also in the WAC.

MWC is in a world of hurt right now. Especially if Boise jumps.

This could turn out pretty bad for CU, though. While remote, I could see the following possibility coming to happen:

TCU gets an invite from the Mack 10. The Mack 10 needs one more team to even out the conference and get their championship game back. They invite CSU. CSU takes it in a second.

Now, like I said, I really think this is a remote possibility, but stranger things have happened. I think the Mack 10 would like to get a small piece of the Colorado market again.

I think it's far more likely that the WAC poaches a few schools from the MWC than vice-versa. The MWC has no exit penalties. The WAC does.

This could turn out pretty bad for CU, though. While remote, I could see the following possibility coming to happen:

TCU gets an invite from the Mack 10. The Mack 10 needs one more team to even out the conference and get their championship game back. They invite CSU. CSU takes it in a second.

Now, like I said, I really think this is a remote possibility, but stranger things have happened. I think the Mack 10 would like to get a small piece of the Colorado market again.

Why wouldn't they offer Houston?

How is this bad for CU? It's an interesting theory, but I do not see CSU getting an invite to the Mack under any circumstances. There's Houston, SMU even Rice they would probably look at before the lammies.

There's not a chance in hell that's going to happen. Now I realize CSU does have scoreboard on us from last year but honestly, after all the crap talk about how losing CU wasn't really that big of a deal for the conference & that Denver is a Broncos town & no one in Colorado follows CU, they'd then stoop to taking our in-state little brothers? No way.

Only way CSU gets into the BCS conference is if the PAC-X comes calling in a few years. Unlikely at best IMO.

How is this bad for CU? It's an interesting theory, but I do not see CSU getting an invite to the Mack under any circumstances. There's Houston, SMU even Rice they would probably look at before the lammies.

Bad only in that CSU would have access to higher payouts, so they could improve their facilities, get better coaches, etc.

There's not a chance in hell that's going to happen. Now I realize CSU does have scoreboard on us from last year but honestly, after all the crap talk about how losing CU wasn't really that big of a deal for the conference & that Denver is a Broncos town & no one in Colorado follows CU, they'd then stoop to taking our in-state little brothers? No way.

That was all a bunch of talk. Everybody knew it. And even though I believe it's remote, I can see a scenario where this happens. I'd give it a one in 10 chance.

Back