What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bzdelik done at Wake?

Maybe he goes to DU. Seems like they've fallen a bit in recent years.

Would get another stamp on his I-25 customer loyalty card.

DU would also have to know a little about Tad Boyle's assistants, one in particular.

DU damn near danced last year and have an all-everything freshman.

DU is 16-14 this year and never gets so much as a mention in "other games of local interest" on the local evening news sportscast.

When Bzdelik was looking at WF, I emailed Bohn asking him to do everything possible to keep him. I'm more than happy we didn't now, even though I appreciate the groundwork he laid out for us.

DU is 16-14 this year and never gets so much as a mention in "other games of local interest" on the local evening news sportscast.

Down year after a good year last year with a rising star of a freshman.

Maybe he goes to DU. Seems like they've fallen a bit in recent years.

Pay attention: They've had a string of the last 3 seasons with 20 wins. This year their record is a couple wins over .500 (16-14???), so they could still make a post season tourney just not the Dance, unless they win their conf. champ auto bid.

Didn't DU's leading scorer go grad transfer to Baylor or something?

Leading rebounder, royce o'neale. The frosh (drick bernstine) was granted his request to leave the team last month after he pretty much fell out of the rotation.

Leading rebounder, royce o'neale. The frosh (drick bernstine) was granted his request to leave the team last month after he pretty much fell out of the rotation.

well **** what do I know then.

Thanks JG

I have no issues with Bz. I think he was the necessary, positive transition from crappy basketball to what we have now. Bz, unlike Hawkins or Embree, improved CU while he was here and began setting conditions for the success of Tad. Correct me if I am wrong (no issue with that on AB) but wasn't Bz's contract part of what began the basketball facility improvement effort, and his recruitment of Alec Burkes didn't hurt either.

I hope he finds success in his next gig if that is what happens.

Good post. I feel the same.

I'm torn about Buzz. I know everyone has mentioned all of the positives about his time at CU. I have my doubts that we would have ever been better than mediocre under him though. He's just not a great recruiter. Sure he struck gold with Burks and a nice family connection with Higgins sent him our way, but besides that the recruiting was ok at best.

Without the connection to Wellman, he would have been, rightfully, fired after last year. He was good at AF with those type of players and good at laying a foundation at CU. Unfortunately, none of those were needed at Wake. Can anyone say that Wake is in a better position now than they were four years ago? The whole rebuilding argument doesn't work when you take over a team like Wake. For an outsider, Tad's success doesn't really bode well for him either.

Nothing against him personally, I think he's better suited for the NBA.

I'm torn about Buzz. I know everyone has mentioned all of the positives about his time at CU. I have my doubts that we would have ever been better than mediocre under him though. He's just not a great recruiter. Sure he struck gold with Burks and a nice family connection with Higgins sent him our way, but besides that the recruiting was ok at best.

Without the connection to Wellman, he would have been, rightfully, fired after last year. He was good at AF with those type of players and good at laying a foundation at CU. Unfortunately, none of those were needed at Wake. Can anyone say that Wake is in a better position now than they were four years ago? The whole rebuilding argument doesn't work when you take over a team like Wake. For an outsider, Tad's success doesn't really bode well for him either.

I don't care about Wake Forest.

No channeling my inner Ronald Reagan, they aren't better off than they were four years.

You don't usually need a four year rebuild for a major cbb program like WF. This isn't football.

The fact remains that Wake is the only place where Bz hasn't achieved some level of success. At CU, it was full re-building mode, and he set us up very nicely to achieve the success we're enjoying now. I have my doubts that he could have done what Tad is doing, but I also suspect it would have taken Tad a lot longer to get to where he is without the groundwork first being laid by Bzdelik.

I'm sorry to see him not succeed at Wake Forest. I think he's a pretty good basketball coach. Maybe it was just a bad fit there.

The fact remains that Wake is the only place where Bz hasn't achieved some level of success. At CU, it was full re-building mode, and he set us up very nicely to achieve the success we're enjoying now. I have my doubts that he could have done what Tad is doing, but I also suspect it would have taken Tad a lot longer to get to where he is without the groundwork first being laid by Bzdelik.

I'm sorry to see him not succeed at Wake Forest. I think he's a pretty good basketball coach. Maybe it was just a bad fit there.

I just remember the offense was often times simply painful to watch when he was coach. 30 seconds of passing with little to no success in finding an open man or getting to the rim. I was amazed by the instant improvement we had as soon as Tad got here. The offense flowed and shooters were allowed to shoot.

Right now, our offense has dead spots... I think that will get better next year with everybody back and more experienced, and Collier likely to hit a high % of shots almost out of the gate.

He'd be lethal a the right Mid-major as well, or hell even the SEC as ****ty as that Conf has gotten
Wake is a tough spot to win in the ACC, sure there's a lot of talent but you're competing with UNC/Duke in a usually talent heavy conference. Bzdelik if he had stayed the course at CU could've ended up with a statue.

Wake is a tough spot to win in the ACC, sure there's a lot of talent but you're competing with UNC/Duke in a usually talent heavy conference. Bzdelik if he had stayed the course at CU could've ended up with a statue.

Try telling that to Wake fans who have experienced plenty of success in the last 20 years in the ACC. BZ would never have ended up with a statue. Princeton offense with lesser athletes than we have now going against the PAC-12? Maybe a pinch better than Ricardo in the long run, but a statue is hyperbolic

Try telling that to Wake fans who have experienced plenty of success in the last 20 years in the ACC. BZ would never have ended up with a statue. Princeton offense with lesser athletes than we have now going against the PAC-12? Maybe a pinch better than Ricardo in the long run, but a statue is hyperbolic
I grew up watching the ACC please. I didn't say they couldn't have success there, you're just competing with the big boys. It's both a help and a hurt playing near the blue bloods of UNC/Duke. They can't everyone so Wake should always get talent, but they're going up against the best.

We will never know how Bzdelik would've done here if he had stayed the course, but he laid the groundwork. I don't think Tad is having this kind of success otherwise. That's not to take anything away from Tad, because he took CU to the next level.

I grew up watching the ACC please. I didn't say they couldn't have success there, you're just competing with the big boys. It's both a help and a hurt playing near the blue bloods of UNC/Duke. They can't everyone so Wake should always get talent, but they're going up against the best.

We will never know how Bzdelik would've done here if he had stayed the course, but he laid the groundwork. I don't think Tad is having this kind of success otherwise. That's not to take anything away from Tad, because he took CU to the next level.

Wake relative to UNC/Duke was closer than CU to UCLA/UofA before Bz. There's blue bloods in every major conference. Don't want to get into which conference is greater. ACC had slowest tempo this year. Could be argued that ACC was/is a better fit for Bz than Pac-12. He should have had a greater chance of long-term success at WF in the ACC than CU in the Pac-12 and I'm thankful for how it panned out.

Wake relative to UNC/Duke was closer than CU to UCLA/UofA before Bz. There's blue bloods in every major conference. Don't want to get into which conference is greater. ACC had slowest tempo this year. Could be argued that ACC was/is a better fit for Bz than Pac-12. He should have had a greater chance of long-term success at WF in the ACC than CU in the Pac-12 and I'm thankful for how it panned out.
I'm not saying otherwise with your comparison. I don't think Wake is a walk-in-the-park, that's all. I'm saying he had his chance to make his mark here like Tad has done. I think he would've been successful if he had stayed but not to the degree of Tad. Who knows really?

It wasn't a bad decision on his part, most would've done it. Like I'm thankful for how it turned out.

I'm not saying otherwise with your comparison. I don't think Wake is a walk-in-the-park, that's all. I'm saying he had his chance to make his mark here like Tad has done. I think he would've been successful if he had stayed but not to the degree of Tad. Who knows really?

It wasn't a bad decision on his part, most would've done it. Like I'm thankful for how it turned out.

I wasn't necessarily taking a position against you either. WF has it's challenges, but if Bz couldn't succeed there, I don't think he would've done much better here long-term.

I wasn't necessarily taking a position against you either. WF has it's challenges, but if Bz couldn't succeed there, I don't think he would've done much better here long-term.
Yeah no doubt, it's one of those things you wonder if and in a good way because we can't complain about the Tad for Bz "trade."

Everyone saw this coming and frankly Wake got what they deserved for getting rid of Gaudio. Wake fans *never* accepted Bzdelik, they looked at his CU record and were horrified before he ever even coached a Deacs game. Sendek's offense isn't much different, he certainly found more success in the ACC than Bzdelik. Bottom line is he needed significant improvement this year and 16-15 (6-12) just isn't good enough in year 4. Wake beat Duke late last year too and that was supposed to be when they turned the corner. Obviously that didn't happen. 2-32 in ACC road games just doesn't cut it. Wake fans have expectations that are so far higher than CU expectations pre-Tad.

Back