What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bzdelik done at Wake?

@GaryParrishCBS 8m
Xavier coach Chris Mack has emerged as a legitimate target to replace Jeff Bzdelik at Wake Forest, sources told @CBSSports. Story coming ...

The carousel's really getting fun now! Lot of jobs that are or have recently been higher profile opening up in the eastern half of the country. Guys like Archie Miller and Ben Howland's names have to be all over that secondary market.

I'm surprised that we haven't heard Tad's name mentioned yet, although Marquette is the only high profile job open right now.

I'm surprised that we haven't heard Tad's name mentioned yet, although Marquette is the only high profile job open right now.
No really big openings as you mentioned, maybe you would hear it at Wake under other circumstances. Sort of like how you wouldn't have heard Chris Petersen's name post-Dan Hawkins (at that point who was leaving Boise for CU anyways?)

This is a pure hypothetical, but there is talk around the Big Ten that Tom Izzo is thinking about taking an NBA job. He's tired of the recruiting business, especially among the 5* types that he needs to get to stay on top. If Izzo left and Michigan State made a call, would that be something Tad would sonsider taking? They're not exactly a blue blood, but they're at the top of the tier below that. For that matter, Indiana is running out of patience with Tom Crean and he could be gone next year.

Again, it's pure speculation, but interesting to think about.

This is a pure hypothetical, but there is talk around the Big Ten that Tom Izzo is thinking about taking an NBA job. He's tired of the recruiting business, especially among the 5* types that he needs to get to stay on top. If Izzo left and Michigan State made a call, would that be something Tad would sonsider taking? They're not exactly a blue blood, but they're at the top of the tier below that. For that matter, Indiana is running out of patience with Tom Crean and he could be gone next year.

Again, it's pure speculation, but interesting to think about.
Izzo almost went to the Cavs some years back.

I think you'd have a hard time selling to either of those forementioned fanbases on some guy who hasn't gotten out of the first weekend of the Tourney. He'd be a fallback options at best.

Maybe they'd offer Tad some ridiculous amount that CU couldn't match and he'd take it, but expectations would be much greater at either of those places. Tad is happy here, is a CO native, and has a young family. I don't think he looks at CU as a stepping stone, but who knows.

Izzo almost went to the Cavs some years back.

I think you'd have a hard time selling to either of those forementioned fanbases on some guy who hasn't gotten out of the first weekend of the Tourney. He'd be a fallback options at best.

Maybe they'd offer Tad some ridiculous amount that CU couldn't match and he'd take it, but expectations would be much greater at either of those places. Tad is happy here, is a CO native, and has a young family. I don't think he looks at CU as a stepping stone, but who knows.

Yep, One Big Dance win and a Colorado program Sparty fans know next to nothing about. Especially with Tad having no ties to the school, the state or the B1G (unless I'm blanking out) it's extremely hard to imagine. Until we put together a deep run I have a hard time seeing how any blue blood would make that leap.

There is a really good chance that Boyle will not get job offers like he has until he starts getting into the Sweet 16.

Back