1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bzdelik/Wake

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by absinthe, Apr 12, 2010.

1. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I've seen a couple of pretty negative things said in article comments about the potential BZ hire for wake, and that got me wondering what the general WFU take on this move was. Does anyone know of any non-premium WFU forums?

2. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

from everything i've heard, they are pissed. can't blame them either from their point of view.

3. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

There have been a hell of a lot of lurkers in the bball forum. Perhaps we can coax a few to actually post their thoughts.

4. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

if you go to their scout board, I would say its about 95% against Coach B..

5. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

is he there yet?

6. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

7. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

8. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I imagine that is getting written because they are just looking at W/L records.

9. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

That's exactly what they're doing. Most of the media around here has no clue who Bzdelik even is and they are completely baffled that Wake is even interested in him. Mark Packer (yes, Billy's boy) went as far as to look up our record the 3 years prior to Bzdelik taking over and noted how we've been worse record-wise these past 3 years in conference play.

10. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Outside of Bzz's connection to the Wake AD, there is no way a school like Wake should be considering him. This is a sweetheart deal, plain and simple.

That's on one hand. On the other hand, Bzz is definitely more qualified for Wake than Gaudio was. And you can argue that Bzz is even more qualified than Prosser. And he sure as hell is more qualified than Prosser's predecessor Odom was. Despite this, Prosser and Odom both did well at Wake.

So fan reaction is overrated. They'd likely be pissed at anyone not named Self, Coach K, Roy, et al. If the new guy wins, everything will be hunky dory.

11. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I guess in one poll back there, 6% think its an OK hire, 29% do not and 65% have no idea who the hell he is, :lol: