What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

C-Hawk is the leader

I can't see the freshmen making more mistakes than the team at large did last year. The entire offense looked like freshmen, we heard after the season that it was rare to have an offensive play where every receiver ran the correct route or linemen got their blocking assignments right.

I can't see the freshmen making more mistakes than the team at large did last year. The entire offense looked like freshmen, we heard after the season that it was rare to have an offensive play where every receiver ran the correct route or linemen got their blocking assignments right.

if true, that sounds like bad coaching to me. unless Hawk is twice the rocket science super-genius that Shawn Watson is/was.

if true, that sounds like bad coaching to me. unless Hawk is twice the rocket science super-genius that Shawn Watson is/was.

well, they must be doing something right, because they have been able to add a LOT more plays this year as opposed to last year. i think our guys were lacking in the basics. it is hard to do what you need to do if you lack the tools to help you get it done.

Based upon Shawn's relentless desire to call short pass plays on 3rd and long - I say it wouldn't take much to surpass his "wisdom." :smile2:

It also means were going to get our asses handed to us when these kids make mistakes. It sucks that we dont have any depth. Either way I had next year penciled in as the year we would start to turn the corner.

Oh ye nattering nabob of negativity! I'll think about letting you back on the band wagon at mid year if you really beg! :lol:

I actually agree with Miami except for his part of not investing himself into the buffs more. I have found that my buff pride and support has grown through the bad years and it is higher now than it was during the 90's (which is saying something coming from a former players son that has bled black and gold since I was born)..

As for mistakes, yes they are more common in freshmen, yes the freshmen will make mistakes, probably a lot, and probably more than seasoned veterans we will be facing. Will the freshmen learn from the mistakes? Yes, I see this team going through some growing pains and turning on late in the season, kind of similar to what Nebraska did in 2005. I also expect 2008 to be where Colorado really opens peoples eyes, but this year I do think we go bowling. There will be lots of mistakes and learning from then, I promise you that. It will be a fun season.
GO BUFFS!!

I was emotionally invested in CU on November 18, 1990 when CU sent the rolling admissions acceptance letter.

Would I put money on the Buffs if I were to go to Vegas? Sure, sports betting is odds based. Given that everybody expects us to suck more than I expect us to suck, the odds I'd get would be in my favor.

If the Buffs go 2-0 Ill donate $50 to CU. Anything less and you donate. Bet?

dude, we have not played a down of football, yet you label every last one of them a perpetual mistake? :wtf: i will give you that some of them are bound to make a mistake. but to suggest they are walking ****ups is a bit crass and it defies every piece of evidence from camp right now. but to each his own.

well Miami, no one here is going to force you to. to each his own. personally, i am flying in to two games, and i am on the road two games this year. four is not bad for an out of stater. i need to win the lottery to get on the 66Buff plan. i have every intention of doing just that! :thumbsup:

i am so proud to support the buffs, i am very busy right now with two buff projects - one of which is super secret but very goddamn time expensive. AGAIN this fall, casual friday = BUFFSTUFF BONANZA at school.

seriously. i fail to see a negative here. maybe it is because i choose to be happy and positive? or maybe because i find it statistically unlikely that we are going to commit one ****ing mistake after another. our fair share? sure. but damn you take things to extremes...

Rookie players tend to make mistakes. I hope I am wrong. Its rare that you can have that many freshman line up as starters and then play two top 25 programs in 4 games and not get torched. They are not walking talking perpetual mistakes and I never suggested that. They are just prone to be taken advantage of by a more skilled and experience defense. Now, all those freshman make a fine foundation for a very bright future. If they all stay, 3 years from now we have half a dozen starters that have played together for a long time. That kind of chemistry is hard to beat.

i think we are probably going to see some growing pains this year and i expect that us fans will all have several forehead-slapping "what was he thinking?" moments watching the Buffs this year. but, i still think they've got a chance to win a few games. it isn't a finely tuned machine yet, but maybe we are on our way. i really hope for at least 6 wins.

one more thing: as crappy as last year was, i still feel like we have more of a shot at an upset right now than i felt like we had the last couple of gb years. ****, everytime we faced an elite team in the last few gb years, i just felt like, in my heart, our Buffs were going to get pummelled (altho i rooted like crazy for them as always). after seeing CU almost beat an elite uga team on their field with no freaking offense, i have a bit of hope that CU can pull an upset here or there this year.

Six wins would be an extremely positive season in my mind. Especialy after last years debacle.

That's pathetic. Save your bandwagon-jumping for the goddamned U.

Too easy. **** you!

I actually agree with Miami except for his part of not investing himself into the buffs more. I have found that my buff pride and support has grown through the bad years and it is higher now than it was during the 90's (which is saying something coming from a former players son that has bled black and gold since I was born)..

As for mistakes, yes they are more common in freshmen, yes the freshmen will make mistakes, probably a lot, and probably more than seasoned veterans we will be facing. Will the freshmen learn from the mistakes? Yes, I see this team going through some growing pains and turning on late in the season, kind of similar to what Nebraska did in 2005. I also expect 2008 to be where Colorado really opens peoples eyes, but this year I do think we go bowling. There will be lots of mistakes and learning from then, I promise you that. It will be a fun season.
GO BUFFS!!

I will certainly scream at the TV a lot. I just dont have any tears left after last year. Crying after a football game is so painful. My sollution to this is not watching TV or reading the paper and just not getting psyched up leading up the season. I play with my 2yo and 4yo a lot. I think my oldest will be ready for season tickets next fall. Mama hates football so it will still be a hard sell. :cool:

Last edited:
I was emotionally invested in CU on November 18, 1990 when CU sent the rolling admissions acceptance letter.

**** dude. They called me personally, on the phone, to ask me if I was coming. I kid you not. It was in that moment, a moment I will never forget, while holding the phone that clarity struck me and I knew my destiny. My father had other Gator plans for me but they never came to pass. He was happy in the end I suppose since FSU was my likely destination if not for dear old CU. :smile2:

Miamibuffs = Jimmybuff???

I had to keep seeing who was writing those posts, since I was sure that it had to be Jimmybuff, and not Miamibuffs. Hell, i think even Jimmy's post have been more positive than MB's!:smile2:

Regardless, I root for my team and cheer them on, but never cry about a lost game. It is a game. They are our Buffs. I think sports are mouch more enjoyable if you can just watch and enjoy them, and not go into a depression if your team loses. I can say that, becasue I used to do that if the Buffs or Broncos lost; I would be a bear for half of the next week. Now, i can turn the game off and enjoy my family and not care so much. Still bleed black and gold, but don't let a loss affect my happiness. Although I certainly let a win affect my happiness!

Miamibuffs = Jimmybuff???

I had to keep seeing who was writing those posts, since I was sure that it had to be Jimmybuff, and not Miamibuffs. Hell, i think even Jimmy's post have been more positive than MB's!:smile2:

Regardless, I root for my team and cheer them on, but never cry about a lost game. It is a game. They are our Buffs. I think sports are mouch more enjoyable if you can just watch and enjoy them, and not go into a depression if your team loses. I can say that, becasue I used to do that if the Buffs or Broncos lost; I would be a bear for half of the next week. Now, i can turn the game off and enjoy my family and not care so much. Still bleed black and gold, but don't let a loss affect my happiness. Although I certainly let a win affect my happiness!

Two things;
I have never been as negative as JB has. Never.
I still root for the Buffs. I have always rooted for the Buffs. Even before I ever came to CU and from all the way down in Miami.
I guess that I am one step behind you in that logic. I've gone from the bear to watching it for entertainment. As I said I like to play with the 2yo and 4yo more than I like football.

Two things;
I have never been as negative as JB has. Never.
I still root for the Buffs. I have always rooted for the Buffs. Even before I ever came to CU and from all the way down in Miami.
I guess that I am one step behind you in that logic. I've gone from the bear to watching it for entertainment. As I said I like to play with the 2yo and 4yo more than I like football.

I agree; having kids give you a much better sense of what is really important, and some fav team winning or losing seems rather small in the big picture of things.

And while JB has been really negative in the past, he has rather been almost jovial and upbeat in some more recent posts. I has me rather discombobulated!

If the Buffs go 2-0 Ill donate $50 to CU. Anything less and you donate. Bet?

So there's 4 outcomes (2-0, 1-1, 1-1, 0-2), and I get even money odds on just one outcome on my side? I don't have a problem with adding $50 when I do my alumni association renewal if we go 1-1, 1-1 or 0-2, but you gotta do $150 if we go 2-0.

You'd still be getting better odds than me since we're not doing points, but I'm ok with that!

Edit: if you don't want to put that much money on the line, let's do $50 for 2-0 for you, $50 for 0-2 for me, and we put $25 each for 1-1.

Last edited:
So there's 4 outcomes (2-0, 1-1, 1-1, 0-2), and I get even money odds on just one outcome on my side? I don't have a problem with adding $50 when I do my alumni association renewal if we go 1-1, 1-1 or 0-2, but you gotta do $150 if we go 2-0.

You'd still be getting better odds than me since we're not doing points, but I'm ok with that!

Edit: if you don't want to put that much money on the line, let's do $50 for 2-0 for you, $50 for 0-2 for me, and we put $25 each for 1-1.

That sounds like a win, win, win, win solution (the winner being the alumni association).

Well I have to post on this one. I'm one of those guys that get's pretty pissed off when they don't win, but dam it's because I love the Buffs so much. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment though because I'm a die hard Rockies fan as well (we all know what's gone on there). Anyway, I live and die with these guys, but hey you know the players are just as pissed or more than I am if they lose. But just like them, i'll look forward to the next week and hope, cheer, throw **** at the tv, jump across my living room floor, go nuts with my kid when they play again. **** EM UP **** EM UP GO CU!!!!!!! Man that chant never gets old.

Back