1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cabral for Interim Coach

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by boydbuff, Sep 15, 2012.

1. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Just mentioned this in another thread, I think we should can Embree now, like tonight/tomorrow and put Cabral in as interim coach. He did OK last year.

Then, spend the whole year figuring out who we can get and find the $ to pay him what he deserves.

2. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

agreed. Benson, Distefano and Bohn are killing us too. The whole thing is rotten.

3. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

How will Cabral get more out of the staff? This won't be the same situation as when Hawk was canned.

4. nycskibum

nycskibum Member

Can't do that to Cabral again. Certainly wouldn't be fair to him.

5. boydbuff

I don't care if he does or doesn't, Cabral has been a loyal servant for a very long time and proved adequate last year. It would show CU is serious about moving forward, and put potential prospects on notice that we are looking.

We'd have all the rest of this season to find someone actually capable. It would also help minimize the distraction of every game people saying we need to fire Embree.

6. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

This. I get send the message by firing Embree, but Cabral may say F off.

7. boydbuff

I don't see why this is so bad for Cabral. He gets more practice as a HC and if he is gone with the new staff it opens up more options for him. Noone expects anything from an interim HC in this position, so if he won 1 game he'd look good.

8. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

I'm for it, hopefully Cabral will accept.

9. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

They should let Cabral coordinate the defense. Brown sucks ass, Cabral deserves a chance to see what he can do. It would also be most helpful to him career wise.

10. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

We gave up 55 points to a MWC team in the first half...no one on this defensive staff should be allowed to coach another game, NO ONE.

11. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

we all agree... the media agrees.. all of the CFB world agrees BUT these fukin ash holes dont care, they want a **** ty team out there. Sorry POSs!! They destroyed our program we were once so proud of.