1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cabral has a right to be upset

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by walk, Dec 3, 2010.

1. walk

walk Member

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  2. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

Wait, is there news out there that Cabral is upset? It seems to me he bleeds more black and gold than anyone, and will contiune to do so wherever he ends up, whether its still on the sidelines in Boulder, up in Greeley, or in Timbuktu.

3. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Cabral himself is a minority, no?

4. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

If by "many", you mean "no one", then you're on the right track.

There are people that are pleased an African American was chosen, but nowhere is it being protrayed that it was a driving factor in the search.

5. buffnlincoln

buffnlincoln New Member

I would really like to see Cabral stay on staff. He deserves it. The guy is Colorado football..

6. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

No where??

Have you not seen the comments by Bill McCartney about wanting a "man of color" or a "brother" to get the CU job? He spent 30 minutes on the radio explaining why the head coach HAD TO BE a black man.

That being said -- the #1 candidates were Bellotti, Miles, etc. So I don't think the people actually doing the hiring thought that they HAD TO hire a black coach.

7. The Guest

The Guest Guest

It's true not a lot of people have mustaches.

But is he Polynesian? Wasn't he born in the midwest, grew up in Hawaii?

He does bleed black and gold, which are both colors.

I can't believe that color is a factor in search for a coach. I'm going to assume that we got the most qualified, viable candidate regardless of his color.

Anything else is offensive to me.

But I wouldn't blame Coach Cabral if he was upset. He deserves support from Coach Mac too.

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

From the one source I have that are personal friends of the Cabrals (this info is dated back to the Iowa State game), Cabral and those close to him never thought him being hired as CU HC was ever much of a possibility.

9. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Mac was driving the search, he wasn't even officially involved in it. I don't think you can use him comments to judge the intent of MB or the search committee. There is nothing there to indicate that they had an agenda of hiring a black coach...

10. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

Didn't realize that the search was framed around Mac's opinion. Like I said, there are people that are pleased is happened (Mac for one) and even believe it SHOULD be a factor, but nowhere is it being said it WAS a factor.

Eidt: This is why I cringed when Mac said things the way he did. People who don't listen to the substance of the comments just hear what they want to and draw their own ridiculous conclusions.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010