What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal= Another chance to get the Bricks back

This is about getting the bricks back and tying the players back to the school. Right now, they're on an island. They don't have any connection to CU's history. Embree wants to get them buying back into the school, into the history, while also resurrecting that history. Getting the bricks back also provides motivation and a chance for this players to get some confidence back.

I think Cal counts.

But if you fudge the tradition what is the point. Embree is going to tell the kids that in the past you got a brick for big wins, now you get one versus a ****** cal team. Make the next brick game versus osu, get the kids fired up to earn one.

To you guys and everyone else who always reply to my posts (BCS, NWD Buff) or anyones posts with lazy broad comments such as those above- You’re entitled to your opinion but you’re really not credible when you don’t even try to explain your sentiment. If you disagree with what I wrote then act like men and actually reply to it. Otherwise don’t bother responding at all.

Go **** yourself. :nod:

But if you fudge the tradition what is the point. Embree is going to tell the kids that in the past you got a brick for big wins, now you get one versus a ****** cal team. Make the next brick game versus osu, get the kids fired up to earn one.

If you need to sell earning a brick to get the kids fired up against OSU then you've got problems as a motivator.

Agreed, it turns tradition into bull****.

I think the first win of the Embree Era is worth commemorating with a brick. Especially so if it ends a ridiculous road losing streak or reverses a 7-52 loss from the previous season. I'm not sure what the big deal is here.

I think the first win of the Embree Era is worth commemorating with a brick. Especially so if it ends a ridiculous road losing streak or reverses a 7-52 loss from the previous season. I'm not sure what the big deal is here.

As long as if we lose Sat, that CSU does not turn into a brick game. Embree has to set that one up as 'we win this game no matter what, no bricks, no high fives, this is a game we never lose. Period'.

And as far as JRK---I think putting him on my list so I dont have to see his posts anymore is in order. Everone else please stop quoting him so I dont have to see anything from him anymore. Nothing like a post from him to make me wish that BCS and 'Tini would post more......

If I have read this right, the win get's the bricks repainted. Cal warrants that in my opinion based on the revenge factor and setting the plate for entering true Pac 12 play. CSewe, not so much. Not seeing the big deal here.

Winning the very first game on the road with a new coaching regime has to be considered a big win..and at this point forward, just about anyone we beat will be considered a big win. This team is projected last in the Pac-12.. That's why there are 8 games that are crucial. We might not win any of them.. If we do, it's a "BIG" win.

i made this same response when the first talk of bringing back the bricks went public. would seem a durable criterion could be established. most people preferred the coach deciding.

New **** has come to light, okay?

If its top 25 only what about a situation where the team started unranked but finished in the top 15?

In the new PAC 12 in my mind every USC game is a brick game as well as Oregon/Washington/Stanford which ever is current hot team. These are the teams we need to beat to get back to where we want to be.

I think embrree said there are potentially 8 games that are brick games. This could mean that they are ranked teams. I see the 8.

Oregon
Stanford
OH ST
USC
ASU (potentially ranked when we play them)
Utah (ditto)
AU (ditto)

you add in Hawaii and Cal you got 8. they are not all ranked now but may be if they play well, which is what I think embree meant. I also think the Cal game is good for a brick. First Pac 12 game and revenge.

So perhaps there are some panties that need to be unwadded?

i made this same response when the first talk of bringing back the bricks went public. would seem a durable criterion could be established. most people preferred the coach deciding.
Every week one of the coach's tasks is to get/keep people fired up and focused. If we are "bringing back a tradition" the simple question is how did it work when Mac used it. If Mac's approach was "cause I said so" fine, it's another motivational tool. But if Mac only bricked top 25 teams, it seems like we should honor that tradition. I'm under the impression (and I don't know where it came from) that Mac only bricked top 25 teams.

:thumbsup:
In my mind, sure. The brick thing is not just about BIG WINS!!! It's about rebuilding the program and rebuilding the tradition. This program is a looooong way away from what it was in the 90s and 2000s. Rebuilding has to start somewhere. It needs the first brick, and I have no problem with the first win of the Embree era getting a brick. That brick is like the first shovel of dirt being taken out from the ground. It may seem insignificant in hindsight, but at the time it's the most important shovel of dirt.

You joke about Toledo being a brick game, but that might perfectly illustrate the point. This team was lead by a man who got his ass handed to him by Toledo and then joked about how he doesn't teach tackling. The kids were allowed to buy in to that ****. It's time that these kids are reminded that every game is important and every win is important, that whether they're playing Toledo in OOC or playing Oregon for the Pac12 title, every time they pull that COLORADO across their chests it means something big. If that means that beating Toledo is a "brick game," fine with me.

New **** has come to light. There's a lot of interested parties. A lot of ins and a lot of outs. A lot of what-have-you's. There's a lot of stings in the old dudes head.

Here's the answer from the colorado daily:

On whether the Cal game is a “Brick” game – “Yes. There are going to be eight opportunities probably this year. The big disappointment is that we are going to have the Big 12 championship team coming back, and (the bricks) are not going to be up. They understand what’s at stake, and understand what they have to do. So, we’ll see ….”.

My question is when Coach Mac started the brick thing, did he do the same thing as Embree did while we were rebuilding and then switch the requirements for a brick once we were competitive and winning games again?

Back