What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal athletics: Stadium debt, flawed projections, revenue shortfalls, Plan B and the f

RSSBot

News Junkie
Jon Wilner

Later today, I’ll be posting a series of stories on the progress of Cal’s plan to pay for the renovation of Memorial Stadium and the Simpson High-Performance Training Center. I spent several weeks researching the topic, but the situation is so complicated that it couldn’t be fully explained in one story. So I wrote four. [...]

Originally posted by College Hotline
Click here to view the article.

Cal athletics: Stadium debt, flawed projections, revenue shortfalls, Plan B a...

This is not good news. Their failure will make our own facility plans more difficult to pull off.

I know they were depending on a lot of high dollar ticket sales that never materialized, and we are hanging our hat on future conference distributions, but it does make me nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Should really make CSU nervous. They are forecasting a big uptick in ticket sales to close the gap....

CU is banking on TV revenue, which is already stable. Not future ticket sales that are over and above anything they have ever sniffed before. That's called FANTASY.

Should really make CSU nervous. They are forecasting a big uptick in ticket sales to close the gap....

CU is banking on TV revenue, which is already stable. Not future ticket sales that are over and above anything they have ever sniffed before. That's called FANTASY.

To be fair, Cal never cited Lady Gaga as part of their plan. I think CSU is still on pretty firm footing.

I'm nervous too, but I think we are taking a better, allbeit slow approach.

Did Cal take on the project all at once?

CU appears to have a method to it's madness by expanding in phases.

Shadenfreude!

outreach_benson.jpg
Phil_DiStefano2.jpg
a_bohn_195.jpg

Shadenfreude Indeed...

Where did you find that pic of Mike Bohn? He looks like he's 20 years old there. That's gotta be at least ten years old.

Stadium debt, flawed projections, revenue shortfalls, Plan B and the f

Flukes are you gonna have a bake sake? Put me down for a loaf of banana bread and some cookies. I want to help you guys out.

Cal athletics: Stadium debt, flawed projections, revenue shortfalls, Plan B a...

To be fair, Cal never cited Lady Gaga as part of their plan. I think CSU is still on pretty firm footing.

Lady Gaga really does change the whole dynamic. She's a game changer, for sure.

Lady Gaga really does change the whole dynamic. She's a game changer, for sure.

it's not just lady Gaga and football games. You have bar mitzvah's, monster truck rally's, weddings, ummmm other stuff.

Back