What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal away game - roll call

Best of luck. I usually fly into Oakland due to the cost when going to Berkeley.

My sister lives in Half Moon Bay, which is just on the other side of the hill from SFO, so that is actually the most convenient airport for me to fly to. We may go to SJC, but only if it's a significant savings.

i'll be there +2 and maybe 3. we've circled this game since we all graduated in '07 as the one to make. should be great...at least up til kickoff.

Definitely going to be there, this is a "home game" for SINKRATZ.

Those of you flying, try Southwest - they fly into all 3 Bay Area airports and they're usually cheapest and you won't find their prices on expedia, etc.

If you're staying in SF and want to avoid Fisherman's Wharf, try North Beach. It's little Italy, but has some of the best food and bars (all genres) in the City. Parking is a nightmare, but taxis are everywhere. Also downtown (Embarcadero, Financial district) are good bets - more hotels, good food, close to the Bay Bridge and BART for gameday. I highly recommend BART (underground light rail) - it will take you from SF to Berkeley and parking at Call games is a total clusterf***.

Going to be a lot of Buffs there, I hope the Pac 10 takes note.

IN + 2. This game actually has me excited... at least for familiarizing with a future Pac-12 destination and rival. And I'm all for taking the Boulder-Berkeley rivalry beyond hippies, energy bars/outdoors gear, and which town embraces semi-legalization of weed more.

thinking about going to this game, but watching it from here...

ba_tightwad.jpg

I think this little dittie sums up san francisco pretty well:

[video=youtube;WBeQ_JXzw-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBeQ_JXzw-0[/video]

I was steadfast in going with the wifey (CU Grad) until I knocked her up in January. Now it's questionable...

I'm moving up to Sf this weekend. I'll be there with at least 4 possibly up to 8. Some family, some CU grads, we'll see who actually shows up.

I'll be coming from Boston, my wife's family is in nearby Palo Alto. Looking forward to it, should be a nice preview before conference expansion.

Will be there with 3-4 other CU fans and probably a boatload of Cal fans. Been looking forward to this one for years.

I did order tickets to this game with my package so I should be in NorCal for this one. The hotels look like nice picks as well.

Just got back from a few days in Berkeley so I thought I'd recommend a few places to eat/drink that are close to the stadium/campus. Will expand on this at a later date.

Places to eat before/after the game:

(all on Durant)
Top Dog - the line is massive on game days but worth it. Outstanding sausages/dogs in a hole in the wall place.
House of Curries - great Indian food at a relatively cheap price.
Gypsys - huge, delicious calzones. Also other good Italian dishes.
Also, pretty much anything on Durant aroud these places is pretty good too or it tends to go out of business rather quickly. The "Asian Ghetto" of restaurants in the same plaza as Gypsys has very good Korean, Thai and Middle Eastern food.

Places to drink before/after the game:

Kips (upstairs)- other games on TV, biggest college bar in Berkeley. Good place to get a pitcher in the morning.
Manny's Tap Room (also known as Raleigh's)- great variety of beer on tap. If you're coming from Colorado be sure to try Great White while you're here. It's an awesome NorCal beer from Lost Coast Brewery.
Henry's- a bit cleaner than Kip's or Manny's and the added feature of the splash pads in the pisser being adorned with Stanford logos is worth at least a beer and a piss.

Just got back from a few days in Berkeley so I thought I'd recommend a few places to eat/drink that are close to the stadium/campus. Will expand on this at a later date.

Places to eat before/after the game:

(all on Durant)
Top Dog - the line is massive on game days but worth it. Outstanding sausages/dogs in a hole in the wall place.
House of Curries - great Indian food at a relatively cheap price.
Gypsys - huge, delicious calzones. Also other good Italian dishes.
Also, pretty much anything on Durant aroud these places is pretty good too or it tends to go out of business rather quickly. The "Asian Ghetto" of restaurants in the same plaza as Gypsys has very good Korean, Thai and Middle Eastern food.

Places to drink before/after the game:

Kips (upstairs)- other games on TV, biggest college bar in Berkeley. Good place to get a pitcher in the morning.
Manny's Tap Room (also known as Raleigh's)- great variety of beer on tap. If you're coming from Colorado be sure to try Great White while you're here. It's an awesome NorCal beer from Lost Coast Brewery.
Henry's- a bit cleaner than Kip's or Manny's and the added feature of the splash pads in the pisser being adorned with Stanford logos is worth at least a beer and a piss.

this place is in the hotel durant, right norcal buff? when we lived in the bay area we used to go here a lot. good spot for sunday brunch and beers as i recall...

another spot in berkeley that we used to frequent was the triple rock brewing company on shattuck...good beer and lively local crowd.

there was a pub in emeryville that was pretty cool too, in the emery bay public market area. not sure if it is still around

and there is always spenger's fresh fish grotto for some good fresh seafood...hopefully that place is still in business.

Adding to the Berkeley suggestions:

Wat Mongkolratanaram serves up a $5 sunday brunch of authentic thai food and is definitely worth checking out. It's in a functioning Budhist temple and they use the Sunday brunch as a fundraiser. http://www.yelp.com/biz/wat-mongkolratanaram-berkeley

The Bear's Lair is the on-campus pub and worth checking out. http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-bears-lair-brew-pub-berkeley

Bear's Lair is fun, although keep in mind they only serve beer. Not that that is a huge concern pre-game.

Airfare just went up.:bang:

I have to expect it will drop down to under $180/PP/RT, but until it does, I'm stuck.

Airfare just went up.:bang:

I have to expect it will drop down to under $180/PP/RT, but until it does, I'm stuck.

Just sign up for airfarewatchdog.com. Right now they've got round trips for 118, but you can't book that far out.

Just sign up for airfarewatchdog.com. Right now they've got round trips for 118, but you can't book that far out.

Yeah, I know. It's dirt cheap if you want to go in June. September, not so much. I realize that the Fall is high season for the Bay Area, but there's like 15 flights a day between Denver and SFO/OAK/SJC. You'd think there would be enough competition to keep airfares reasonable. I suppose they'll keep the fares up until they have to bring them down to fill the planes. I'll be patient.

Price check - DFW to OAK as of April 25
SWA 1 stop LUV = $334
AA Direct DFW = $516

Not great

Back