What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal away game - roll call

I have a feeling that this is going to be an insane trip. Can't wait to watch liver get tasered from the comfort of the back seat of my own squad car. :smile:

What is the best airport to fly into SFO?

Whatever is cheapest and easiest. Oakland is closer.

SFO has a BART station and there is another BART station in Downtown Berkeley that is close to campus. This will be my first CU game since undergrad that does not involve an automobile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever is cheapest and easiest. Oakland is closer.

SFO has a BART station and there is another BART station in Downtown Berkeley that is close to campus. This will be my first CU game since undergrad that does not involve an automobile.

bart runs pretty close to the oakland airport too, but sfo has more convenient bart access...if you are staying in the city (san francisco) the trip on bart is about equal time from either airport, if you are staying in berkeley the trip from oakland is about a third the time and you don't need to go through the tube under the bay.

if you ride the tube, bring your earplugs....

if you plan to get a car, oakland is by far the better choice. you need to take airtrain to the rental car place from sfo, you walk across the street at oakland.

(at least it was that way about ten years ago...)

Go big or stay home boys. I intend to bring the whiskey hammer down on scores of tailgating bears.

Go big or stay home boys. I intend to bring the whiskey hammer down on scores of tailgating bears.

when should we expect your arrival in the lower haight? i'm thinking about a group shot in front of the dead's house. yeah? :smile2:

bart runs pretty close to the oakland airport too, but sfo has more convenient bart access...if you are staying in the city (san francisco) the trip on bart is about equal time from either airport, if you are staying in berkeley the trip from oakland is about a third the time and you don't need to go through the tube under the bay.

if you ride the tube, bring your earplugs....

if you plan to get a car, oakland is by far the better choice. you need to take airtrain to the rental car place from sfo, you walk across the street at oakland.

(at least it was that way about ten years ago...)

BART goes straight to SFO. If you fly into oakland you have to take the sky ride bus and transfer to BART at the Colosseum station which is a bit of a pain. Plus the colosseum station is kinda ghetto so it can be intimidating for people who aren't used to that sort of thing. Don't get me wrong, it's safe and all, but some folks are easily spooked so I think it's worth pointing out.

The other option is San Jose. I think Frontier flies to San Jose on the cheap. I've never done it, but I

edit function seems to be ****ed post upgrade.

Anyway, i was just trying to say that I've never done it, but I have heard that you can take caltrain from the San Jose airport to either Oakland/Berkeley or The City. It might be an option worth checking out....

carry on.

edit function seems to be ****ed post upgrade.

Anyway, i was just trying to say that I've never done it, but I have heard that you can take caltrain from the San Jose airport to either Oakland/Berkeley or The City. It might be an option worth checking out....

carry on.

That ****ing train is crazy. Ive never been on it, but we were in downtown Oakland by the bay, and that train rips right through the middle of the town. My drunk ass wife kept calling it the Harry Potter train. Careful crossing the street if you go down to the bay in Oakland.

I'm out.
I can't believe it!
This game has been marked on my calendar for 3 years! My beloved Buffaloes finally play an away game that I can get to and now I can't go!!

My daughter made the cross country team at her new school and she has a meet on 9/11. This will be her first high school cross country meet and I really feel like I should be there to support her. The buffs are high on my list, but my daughter is higher.

I was trying to see if I could figure out a way to do both but the meet is way down in Salinas and there's just no way to make them both work. Have fun at the tail gate for me!!

Go Buffs!!!!!!!!

I'm out.
I can't believe it!
This game has been marked on my calendar for 3 years! My beloved Buffaloes finally play an away game that I can get to and now I can't go!!

My daughter made the cross country team at her new school and she has a meet on 9/11. This will be her first high school cross country meet and I really feel like I should be there to support her. The buffs are high on my list, but my daughter is higher.

I was trying to see if I could figure out a way to do both but the meet is way down in Salinas and there's just no way to make them both work. Have fun at the tail gate for me!!

Go Buffs!!!!!!!!

You are looking a little pale SJ BUff.... I will actually be close to you on Weds and Thurs visiting PhillyBuff's sister in Santa Cruz.... she has a band committment at a local watering hole and I told her... "its nice to see you sis, but I am fing outta here on Friday night."

Its that simple :smile2:

Question for those that are going to the game: Did you buy your tickets from the CU AD, or from Cal? I'm hearing that the CU allotment was sold out, but that there's still tickets available through the Cal ticket office.
I tried to get my tickets through CU and wasn't able to, so I bought them through Cal and was able to get the exact row and seat number I wanted. I'm in K or KK, can't remember. I hope that's the CU section because I will need other drunk fans to hang out with so I don't get my @ss kicked. I can't wait!! GO BUFFS! BTW, I'm in Boston now, even though it says, "CaliBuff"

I tried to get my tickets through CU and wasn't able to, so I bought them through Cal and was able to get the exact row and seat number I wanted. I'm in K or KK, can't remember. I hope that's the CU section because I will need other drunk fans to hang out with so I don't get my @ss kicked. I can't wait!! GO BUFFS! BTW, I'm in Boston now, even though it says, "CaliBuff"

I checked the cubuffs.com site the other day and it looks like they recieved an addiitional allotment of tickets.

For awhile it appeared CU sold out but you can buy your tickets through Colorado again. Interesting....

I checked the cubuffs.com site the other day and it looks like they recieved an addiitional allotment of tickets.

For awhile it appeared CU sold out but you can buy your tickets through Colorado again. Interesting....

If SF Buff stands for San Francisco buff, I'm assuming you know about the watch parties at The Brickyard in the marina. If you didn't, you do now.

Go Buffs.

I'm out.
I can't believe it!

Go Buffs!!!!!!!!

Bomb threat at the meet. It's the only way to be sure. And with any luck, the cops won't pick you up until after the game! :lol:

Do you know if the game is being braodcast in the boston area this weekend? I can't find anything via Comcast so I'm hoping a bar will have it available.

I just got told that I am going out to the San Fran area for work next week... So well I win.

Only problem is my flight leaves at 7pm on Saturday, do you all think that is enough time for the game, and still catch my flight? Also I dont have tickets, I was planning on scalping them with a friend of mine, that shouldnt be a problem, I was hoping to get super cheap tickets around kickoff.

I just got told that I am going out to the San Fran area for work next week... So well I win.

Only problem is my flight leaves at 7pm on Saturday, do you all think that is enough time for the game, and still catch my flight? Also I dont have tickets, I was planning on scalping them with a friend of mine, that shouldnt be a problem, I was hoping to get super cheap tickets around kickoff.

Do it! Go to the game. Take the Bart.

If you can't get tickets to the game, represent CU on cheapskate hill, overlooking the stadium. Pull a dirty hippy out of tree to get a nice vantage point, if you must.

And if even if you can't make it to your return flight, blame TSA. Call the ticketing agent as soon as you realize you will not make it. SFO is a busy airport. There's always another flight, but this is the LAST GAME that CU will ever play before the big Cal stadium renovation. It's something you must do.

The $75 airline change fee will be 100% worth the adventure and the memories.

Back