What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal @ Colorado football Game thread

There is the first signature win we needed to show we aren't the doormat of the Pac 12. Now time to steal recruits away from Cal next year and go out and build on this momentum so that we can be ready to play Utah. *I know I am skipping USC. I think we are out athleted buy USC so I want us to show well against Utah.

Congrats Buffs!!! Enjoy it. The victory was well deserved. We now are officially the Pac 12 doormat.

Hey at least you still have basketball.

Oh wait ... :lol:

j/k ... seriously, thanks for the sentiments. I don 't know if Dykes is the answer for you, but you need to give him a chance. As do we with MM.

One small step for NCAA kind. One giant baby step for Buffnation.

Congrats Buffs!!! Enjoy it. The victory was well deserved. We now are officially the Pac 12 doormat.

Thank you.

I've got to say, I don't understand why you guys have been struggling like you have been. Cal has so much speed. I know you don't have a lot in your senior class this year, but still. You're a lot more talented than you've shown.

You could just as easily say root for USC to win impressively over Stanford and let them come into Boulder overconfident. :huh:

:lol:

That's exactly what we don't want to happen. Loose and confident USC is unstoppable USC. We've got a wish and a prayer in this one.

The wish is for a beat up USC that has been eliminated from a chance to win the South.

The prayer is for some cold, nasty weather they want no part of.

That's exactly what we don't want to happen. Loose and confident USC is unstoppable USC. We've got a wish and a prayer in this one.

The wish is for a beat up USC that has been eliminated from a chance to win the South.

The prayer is for some cold, nasty weather they want no part of.....and a stomach virus from bad clams served at the $C training table.
fify.

Wow, an actual building block win, not a moral victory. Honestly, didn't see this coming. Cal is much worse than I thought, but we played very solid. OL opened holes (early anyway) and gave Sefo time ... amazing what can happen when we executed fundamentals. My biggest takeaway: Sefo missed a couple big throws but he is very accurate when given time. That alone can take us far.

The prayer is for some cold, nasty weather they want no part of.

Laugh all you want, but you can look at this either way. They were undoubtedly pretty lose after losing to ASU and Kiffin got fired a couple of weeks earlier yet they went into South End and laid an egg.

Laugh all you want, but you can look at this either way. They were undoubtedly pretty lose after losing to ASU and Kiffin got fired a couple of weeks earlier yet they went into South End and laid an egg.

Not laughing at you, laughing with you on how silly/fun it is to entertain the thought of beating USC this year and getting to the cusp of a bowl win. We're begging here and looking for any ray of hope.

There is the first signature win we needed to show we aren't the doormat of the Pac 12. Now time to steal recruits away from Cal next year and go out and build on this momentum so that we can be ready to play Utah. *I know I am skipping USC. I think we are out athleted buy USC so I want us to show well against Utah.
"Signature win?" :huh:

Did you already forget the result of the football game that ended not too long ago?

No. I don't consider beating a 1-9 team a signature win. Do you? Anyway, aren't you supposed to be cleaning up the suites?

Froze my ass off. Stayed until the end because I wanted to applaud the effort I saw out there today. Well done, Buffs!

Froze my ass off. Stayed until the end because I wanted to applaud the effort I saw out there today. Well done, Buffs!

Yeah we saw you sitting there freezing, me, skiddy and chilly will testify we saw you in the stands on TV. Didn't see DBT he was prolly in the bano the whole time trying to poop.

Yeah we saw you sitting there freezing, me, skiddy and chilly will testify we saw you in the stands on TV. Didn't see DBT he was prolly in the bano the whole time trying to poop.
It was nice and warm in la bano. We left after Spruce's kick return.

Not laughing at you, laughing with you on how silly/fun it is to entertain the thought of beating USC this year and getting to the cusp of a bowl win. We're begging here and looking for any ray of hope.

Ha, yea I too have a hard time seeing us being competitive with USC.

No. I don't consider beating a 1-9 team a signature win. Do you? Anyway, aren't you supposed to be cleaning up the suites?

I think there's some 'signature win' things that you can take from this win, but no I wouldn't consider this a true signature win.

And I paid my dues today with handing out bacon and handing out Amp again. ****, Amp

Not gonna read all this, but pretty damn happy, Go Buffs!!! Bowl bound!!! Damn those Los Arcos margs are friggin awesome....

It was colder than a well digger's ass out there!

Indeed. Folks started leakin' like the Great March in the mid-2nd quarter when that wind came up. It was Ames-like. Can't blame those who had youngsters wearing sweatshirts or thin polar fleece.

Anyway - congrats to the Buffs !! Many parts of their game looked good tonight against an admittedly crappy opponent, but a conference foe nonetheless. Tackling still uneven. Sefo sounded really happy talking to Zim postgame, as did Prich. BTW, Prich continues to improve every week. I'm thinking 2nd round, maybe. Also nice to see Spruce in the spotlight for a whole game, as well as some inspired play now and then by the DBs. Can't believe Goff is Cal's best QB; also gotta think they'd kill to have Tedford back. That program is sinking like a heavy stone.

Beating everyone you're favored to beat is the first step. MM is going to be a big name in 4 years.

I was wondering why I had to wait so long for the damn port-a-potty.

Ha just thought of something. My avatar was class president at Cal. Sorry Chunk. It was the Buff's day today. A well deserved one.

Slick Rick was dead on in the pre game that this game would be decided by coaching. I for one am glad Mac is ours, we are undoubtedly heading in the right direction. Still issues to be sure including the fact that the plAycalling in the redzone is putrid. Have to get that fixed. But to be able to say this late in the season that we are alive for a bowl is something not many thought we would be able to say. Admittedly it is a huge long shot but, we are alive nonetheless. Great win for Mac, Sefo and the rest of the squad. Go Buffs !

Back