What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal/Colorado Game ON for next season

The Utah eye candy is allegedly a big deal. We shall see if Utah is big on BBQ, but otherwise a BYOB kinda place. Thank God they have a major airport near by, and lots of lodging.

The talent in utah is pretty good however it is much better at BYU. When I lived there we would drive 20 min to provo just to play frisbee on the campus. Something bout the mormon girls.

BYOB is a must! 3.2 is all they sell, unless you go to a state LQ store where prices start at $1.50per beer. I am not sure about the tailgate but SLC was mellow about open containers in the appropriate places (concert parking lots, disc golf course, etc).

Lastly if the snow sucks and the weather is nice, late NOV is a great time to hit up some canyon country to round out the trip.

the campus is really pretty and folks are nice. there are hotels near there, but i am not sure i'd call many of them "staggering" distance. downtown palo alto has some good restaurants and bars, but the real action is in the city. as max said, the play is probably to stay in the city, head down the peninsula for the game, do a little tailgating and look around the campus, and then head back up to the city.

I really enjoyed setting base camp in Berkeley last season, walking the campus on Friday, hiking up Tightwad Hill, touring the athletic facilities, student center, business school, international house, library, and trying to stick my nose in as many of the happening places all around Bancroft, Durant and Shattuck streets. I had a lot of time before the game to get to know the place. I came away with a pretty good sense of the place. And when we got our ass handed to us, I retreated to the city to put the humiliation behind. Next time we play Cal on the road, I'll probably base camp out of the city.

That travel model worked well for me. Nothing like a football game to give a reason to really tour a campus. First time around, I want to soak in Palo Alto for a good 24 hours, bull **** at the bars, see the sun rise and set on campus prior to game day, and generally take some time to smell the backpack straps.

The city will always be there with or without the Buffs. A CU football weekend in Palo Alto only comes along once every four years.

This entire post was awesome (rep), but I have to say that is the first time I've ever seen the word "somnolent" on this board. Definitely believe you are a Cal grad now. It's a major step up from most of the other opposition fans we usually have on this board. We usually get:

[NU inside joke handle]: Were gunna crush you your gunna be so sad. I got my tires slashed when i was at folsom the last time we crushed you then you through a water balon at me i think it was filled with pee. Lincoln is 2ice the football town Bolder ever thought of. We could of filled your crappy stadium if we wanted to. Later idots! GBR.

You guys are really going to miss Nebraska aren't you?

Thanks for having me over here -- I like this board. Fairly high level of discourse like on BearInsider, but without some of the neurosis, Chicken Little-ism and excessive "nerd-ery" that tends to rule, especially over the offseason when nothing is actually happening.

Thanks for having me over here -- I like this board. Fairly high level of discourse like on BearInsider, but without some of the neurosis, Chicken Little-ism and excessive "nerd-ery" that tends to rule, especially over the offseason when nothing is actually happening.

Yeah we are kind of a big deal.

Glad to have you here. Always nice to have respectful and non Nub fans over here.

I really enjoyed setting base camp in Berkeley last season, walking the campus on Friday, hiking up Tightwad Hill, touring the athletic facilities, student center, business school, international house, library, and trying to stick my nose in as many of the happening places all around Bancroft, Durant and Shattuck streets. I had a lot of time before the game to get to know the place. I came away with a pretty good sense of the place. And when we got our ass handed to us, I retreated to the city to put the humiliation behind. Next time we play Cal on the road, I'll probably base camp out of the city.

That travel model worked well for me. Nothing like a football game to give a reason to really tour a campus. First time around, I want to soak in Palo Alto for a good 24 hours, bull **** at the bars, see the sun rise and set on campus prior to game day, and generally take some time to smell the backpack straps.

The city will always be there with or without the Buffs. A CU football weekend in Palo Alto only comes along once every four years.

i think you're on to a solid plan. the stanford campus is really pretty and there is always stuff going on there. the weather is generally much nicer in palo alto than in the city as well.

if there is a stanford 'gater, i actually may have to finally shed my neurosis about anonymity and swing by the sacky gate for a cocktail or 3...

i think you're on to a solid plan. the stanford campus is really pretty and there is always stuff going on there. the weather is generally much nicer in palo alto than in the city as well.

if there is a stanford 'gater, i actually may have to finally shed my neurosis about anonymity and swing by the sacky gate for a cocktail or 3...

Believe it when I see it.

Great news from a Cal perspective that the game is on for next year. Boulder is the #1 Pac 12 road trip destination IMO. It has the whole package (I saw some Huskies trying to bag on Boulder around recruiting day, but everyone in CA knows Washington is mostly a dreary, rainy existence that does has a few nice days a year for the postcards). But that's why I live in CO now.

It was going to be really hard to host another game on 9/10 due to this (the SF Giants having a home game the weekend of 9/10 and our bye week is before the thursday night game at Oregon... so not viable either) :
http://www.calbears.com/stadiumcam/

Cal had apparently called around to a lot of schools regarding a different road game for 9/10/11, but it would have been hard to come to terms at such a late date, so this might be one of the only examples of a road team holding the home team to a contract.

just to be clear...you are a cal fan living in colorado, right?

welcome to allbuffs.

prepare to take some serious ****.

hopefully you will stick around here...we need your ilk.

Had to check out Bear Insider to get the Cal take.

Point 1: Seems to be a debate as to whether CU is "an" A game or "the" A game on their OOC ABC schedule.
Seems the Buffs are not as sexy as a TCU game might have been. Teams worthy of Cal A list status are tOSU, Texas, while CU is seen as a BCS opponent similar to Maryland or Minnesota. Not a lot of love or respect for CU, or the Cal AD who is responsible for scheduling. It was CU that didn't have it's act together. Blah. Blah. Blah.

Point 2: Allbuffs referenced as site confirming that the game is on.

Point 3: Apparently NFL stats pertaining the Solder and Smith are lies that originate from CU's coaches (WTF?). Based on Hawkin's blunder by the bay, no way Solder only gave up 2 sacks all season seeing how Hansen was sacked like groceries half a dozen times. Jimmy Smith isn't the shut down corner as billed judging against how he got burned in Burkeley.

Point 4: Not much excitement about coming to Boulder, other than from the guy already living in Denver. A reminder suggests traveling Bears hurry up and book hotels. Dark Horse Tuesday night tricycle races are pimped. No love for Ralphie or Folsom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we need to be prepared to not have as many visiting fans as when we were in the Big 12. We were constantly ripped by the Big 12 for not traveling. In the Pac, we'll be one of the best traveling schools in the league.

Point 3: Apparently NFL stats pertaining the Soldier and Smith are lies that originate from CU's coaches (WTF?). Based on Hawkin's blunder by the bay, no way Soldier only gave up 2 sacks all season seeing how Hansen was sacked like groceries half a dozen times. Jimmy Smith isn't the shut down corner as billed judging against how he got burned in Burkeley.

Point 4: Not much excitement about coming to Boulder, other than from the guy already living in Denver. A reminder suggests traveling Bears hurry up and book hotels. Dark Horse Tuesday night tricycle races are pimped. No love for Ralphie or Folsom.
They'll be excited when they see a live Buffalo running out in front of the team followed by a team with a whole different attitude. And the first point, sounds like Nub fans with their conspiracies.

I think we need to be prepared to not have as many visiting fans as when we were in the Big 12. We were constantly ripped by the Big 12 for not traveling. In the Pac, we'll be one of the best traveling schools in the league.

Yeah and with that comes the responsibility of us to fill that stadium up every weekend. I go to 1 home game a year and try to get to 1 away game. This is especially important because it hurts our AD.

Now there's something about the Pac10s gate sharing. I think it has to do with rivals, but I'm not too sure.

Point 1: Seems to be a debate as to whether CU is "an" A game or "the" A game on their OOC ABC schedule.
Seems the Buffs are not as sexy as a TCU game might have been. Teams worthy of Cal A list status are tOSU, Texas, while CU is seen as a BCS opponent similar to Maryland or Minnesota. Not a lot of love or respect for CU, or the Cal AD who is responsible for scheduling. It was CU that didn't have it's act together. Blah. Blah. Blah.

Point 3: Apparently NFL stats pertaining the Soldier and Smith are lies that originate from CU's coaches (WTF?). Based on Hawkin's blunder by the bay, no way Soldier only gave up 2 sacks all season seeing how Hansen was sacked like groceries half a dozen times. Jimmy Smith isn't the shut down corner as billed judging against how he got burned in Burkeley.

Regarding Pt. 1, that guy (drunkoski) is the sourest dude ever. Nothing is ever right, everything is wrong, etc etc ad nauseum. We could win a Nat. Championship 45-7 and he would post about how embarrassed he is that we gave up a touchdown. The whole "debate" is him being an ass and others telling him to shut up.

There was plenty of love for Ralphie last year before our game - we were all bummed he didn't make the trip to Berkeley. When it gets closer people will get more fired up about the trip. Keep in mind also that after signing day our traffic goes down to only the sour diehards (and myself as well of course).

1.) TCU is a better game than us.

2.)We're not confirming anything. That **** came from a cal fan. Could be true, could not. If I had to guess, I'd say it's on 'cause neither team is in a position to pay any money to get out of the game.

3.)I think they are overrated too, but I'm not an NFL scout, now am I?

4.)Boulder is still the premier destination in the conference. They'll learn.

1.) TCU is a better game than us.

Easy to say from the comfort of a California home.
But Ft Worth on Sept 10 will likely be pushing 100 degrees with an overnight low in the upper 80's.

The Bears and their travelling fans would go into absolute shock and wilt like a cut orchid.

Regarding Pt. 1, that guy (drunkoski) is the sourest dude ever. Nothing is ever right, everything is wrong, etc etc ad nauseum. We could win a Nat. Championship 45-7 and he would post about how embarrassed he is that we gave up a touchdown. The whole "debate" is him being an ass and others telling him to shut up.

We have a few like that as well. Especially when it comes to recruiting DTs. :smile2:

The UU fans who spilled over on this site during last summer's conferencepalooza were a trip. We had accusations of BYU fans masquerading as Utes. Some Utes bragging, others trying to play the gracious host. They left a U-tarded first impression on teh webz. The Utah instate rivalry tends to spill over like some slap-fight scene from Borat.
Morning tea spilled laughing at that..
Thank God they have a major airport near by, and lots of lodging.
Or thank Joseph Smith? Dum, dum-dum dum-dum

Easy to say from the comfort of a California home.
But Ft Worth on Sept 10 will likely be pushing 100 degrees with an overnight low in the upper 80's.

The Bears and their travelling fans would go into absolute shock and wilt like a cut orchid.

I meant that TCU is a better team and that a win would mean more. Obviously it'll be harder to beat TCU than Colorado.

We got people fooled. Nice!

I meant that TCU is a better team and that a win would mean more. Obviously it'll be next to impossible for Cal to beat TCU in the withering heat of a Ft Worth summer. There's no benefit in playing a possible trap game in the comfortable and beautiful setting of Colorado.

fify.

Who isn't? My mom is awesome. Time to kick Cal's ass. Why are you crying about Bohn. Get on board. News flash, we're playing them next year. Your coming across as scared of playing them. Sack up!

Yes, he's scared and you come off sounding like one of Hawkins zen children. We should beat Cal at home next year, no excuses.

You are absolutely going to love the seats U$C calls the visitor section. Best seats ever.... if you like watching colored ants run around.

From what I understand, only the west side outer wall will remain for historical purposes. The entire western deck will be replaced and improved earthquake-proof supports added, indoor club levels will be dug underneath for the seats between the 30's, and the sections spanning the fault will be isolated and made into very rigid structures with seats on top. There will be a new press box/ exclusive 'university club' on the west rim from goal line to goal line. It will be almost all glass and have spectacular views of the golden gate and bay. The east side will remain the same for now, until extra money is raised to dig into the hill and place amenities like restrooms and probably another club below ground. And the field is being lowered so that people sitting in the first 5-10 rows can see the field over players standing on the benches.

i thought you ****ers were sposed to be engineers... what kind of dumb****s build a stadium on a slip fault... seriously...

Back