What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal/Colorado Game ON for next season

The talent in utah is pretty good however it is much better at BYU. When I lived there we would drive 20 min to provo just to play frisbee on the campus. Something bout the mormon girls.

This post made me laugh. Most schools with hot chicks inspire you to party. BYU is apparently loaded with talent and you drive 20 minutes to play frisbee. NOT a euphemism for nothin'--just throwing a disk around...

If that doesn't capture the local values than I don't know what will.

[video=youtube;_tGOPzZBkwk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tGOPzZBkwk&NR=1[/video]

[video=youtube;684ZiNuSrK8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=684ZiNuSrK8[/video]
funny.

Seriously, it was built in 1923. I don't think they were as on top of geological science back then.

Eighty-eight years later, does the technology exist to keep memorial stadium from being impacted by a shift of the Hayward fault?

http://seismo.berkeley.edu/hayward/ucb_fault.html

picture-ssfault.jpg

To paraphrase Led Zep, when the levee quakes, mamma you got to move.

Last edited by a moderator:
This post made me laugh. Most schools with hot chicks inspire you to party. BYU is apparently loaded with talent and you drive 20 minutes to play frisbee. NOT a euphemism for nothin'--just throwing a disk around...

If that doesn't capture the local values than I don't know what will.

Walrus,

We only drove to look, as there is no partying in Provo at least not for three dirtbag ski bums...we were not their type. But the views were incredible

Walrus,

We only drove to look, as there is no partying in Provo at least not for three dirtbag ski bums...we were not their type. But the views were incredible

There IS partying in Provo...at the ice cream or frozen yogurt shop. Have you ever used google maps to find how many frozen dessert shops there are around campus? Spoon Me FTW.

Someone posted on the Pac12board that Cal is playing Presbyterian from the FCS Big South so it looks like Cal might not be making the trip after all. It's possible that Cal pooped out at the last moment...maybe two former CU coaches talked Tedford out of going to Boulder.

Someone posted on the Pac12board that Cal is playing Presbyterian from the FCS Big South so it looks like Cal might not be making the trip after all. It's possible that Cal pooped out at the last moment...maybe two former CU coaches talked Tedford out of going to Boulder.
or maybe both teams have been playing a game of chicken the entire time.

Playing Cal doesn't worry me so much on its own. It's the aggregate of difficult games that bothers me. Hopefully Embree lobbied Bohn on this one and got him to schedule a cupcake for that week. Hawaii + Cupcake + CSU gives us a good opportunity to start 3-0 and have a lot of confidence before heading to Columbus to take on a depleted Ohio State team. Then we open our Pac-12 season with Washington State at home, which is another good opportunity for a victory. Give me Portland State (or similar) and I'll predict a 4-1 start.

We have another OOC slot to fill next season. Our OOC games are you and Fresno State. Looking for FCS team to fill last slot. Cal/Colorado is happening.

Cal has indeed scheduled a game with Presbyterian next season but it's on 9/17, so that still leaves open the possibility of Cal-CU happening on the 9/10.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Five games against in-state opponents and a road trip to California Berkeley highlight the 2011 Presbyterian College football schedule, it was announced today.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]After a stint against North Greenville Sept. 10, the Blue Hose travel to San Francisco, Calif., to take on California Berkeley from the PAC-10 Sept. 17. The Golden Bears, who finished 5-7 last season, have played in a bowl game the last seven of eight years.[/FONT]

http://www.gobluehose.com/ViewArtic...34&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205096041&DB_OEM_ID=18100

Sounds like it's CU on the 10th and Presbyterian on the 17th for Cal. This is good for us, as they will now be looking ahead to that game against Presbyterian.

(Presbyterian has a football team?)

Back to topic, 4-0 is a distinct possibility
Hawaii has been circled, Big game vs a beatable foe
Cal, revenge factor and home field advantage is huge in this one
CSU.......lambs will get slaughtered as usual, thats why we play them
OSU....5 starters suspended including Pryor, you really afraid of the buckeyes

I dont want to hear anymore BS regarding the Buffs being a horrible road team, bottom line is Hawkins was a horrible coach and KU in 10 proved he found ways to lose when a win was INEVITABLE

Cal's f*&^%ng lucky this isnt a conference game because it will be a loss and the Buffs will have revenge for that disgusting debacle last year

Back to topic, 4-0 is a distinct possibility
Hawaii has been circled, Big game vs a beatable foe
Cal, revenge factor and home field advantage is huge in this one
CSU.......lambs will get slaughtered as usual, thats why we play them
OSU....5 starters suspended including Pryor, you really afraid of the buckeyes

I dont want to hear anymore BS regarding the Buffs being a horrible road team, bottom line is Hawkins was a horrible coach and KU in 10 proved he found ways to lose when a win was INEVITABLE

Cal's f*&^%ng lucky this isnt a conference game because it will be a loss and the Buffs will have revenge for that disgusting debacle last year

3-1 IS A POSSIBILITY, no way in hell CU wins at the shoe. If CU wants to go to a bowl and have a winning season which would help recruiting next year, they must be 3-1 going into conference play. I'm thinking OSU gets those suspensions knocked down and all those guys first game will be vs CU.

3-1 IS A POSSIBILITY, no way in hell CU wins at the shoe. If CU wants to go to a bowl and have a winning season which would help recruiting next year, they must be 3-1 going into conference play. I'm thinking OSU gets those suspensions knocked down and all those guys first game wille vs CU.
3- 10 is about the same possibility of 3 - 1.

I see a very real possibility of CU starting off 1-3. Hawaii on the road is always tough, and CU coaches have historically done very poorly in their first game. Cal will be the first home game. Interestingly enough Cal was Mac's first Home game, too. (they were also his first game, period. Cal stomped a mudhole in CU that day. It rained. I was miserable). CSU in Denver should be a win - CSU is terrible and aren't getting any better soon. Then off to Columbus for what is sure to be an epic ass kicking. Embree has his work cut out for him.

Maybe I'm bitter over what I've seen from this team for the last five years. True, Hawkins and his stank aren't around anymore, but I'm afraid it will take some time to turn this ship around. I'm glad the process has started, but I'm not confident that we'll have much early success.

i think we win about 10 games next year. why the hell not? opinions are like a-holes and my doesn't stink.

:rofl:

i think we win about 10 games next year. why the hell not? opinions are like a-holes and my doesn't stink.

:rofl:

Also possible if we get a few breaks. The only games I see on the schedule that are no-hopers are OSU, Stanford and Oregon. Every other game is in play if we are well prepared and get some good bounces. We'll need a lot of good bounces to beat USC, UW, UU, Cal, and ASU and UA, though. UCLA on the road? Who knows?

Back