What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal Game Being Held At Stanford?

Daaah

Club Member
Club Member
That's weird:
CU vs. Cal Weekend, Sept. 10-11, Book early!
Dear Sterling,
Join CU Buff alums and fans as we take on the Cal Bears for our big away game event of the year in beautiful Berkeley, Calif., on Saturday, Sept. 11. We have an exciting weekend planned and will feature a Friday evening opening reception and a Saturday pregame party. The game is being held at Stanford Memorial Stadium.
Hotel rooms are reserved for University of Colorado fans in downtown San Francisco. Football game tickets are available for purchase with a pregame ticket. Rooms and game/pregame tickets will go very fast, so book early! There’s plenty to see and do in San Francisco ― check our website for more information.
Click here for hotel, game and event ticket information.
We hope to CU in Cal!
Questions? Contact Becky Cabral at 303-492-2879,
800-492-7743 or becky.cabral@colorado.edu.

That's weird:
CU vs. Cal Weekend, Sept. 10-11, Book early!
Dear Sterling,
Join CU Buff alums and fans as we take on the Cal Bears for our big away game event of the year in beautiful Berkeley, Calif., on Saturday, Sept. 11. We have an exciting weekend planned and will feature a Friday evening opening reception and a Saturday pregame party. The game is being held at Stanford Memorial Stadium.
Hotel rooms are reserved for University of Colorado fans in downtown San Francisco. Football game tickets are available for purchase with a pregame ticket. Rooms and game/pregame tickets will go very fast, so book early! There’s plenty to see and do in San Francisco ― check our website for more information.
Click here for hotel, game and event ticket information.
We hope to CU in Cal!
Questions? Contact Becky Cabral at 303-492-2879,
800-492-7743 or becky.cabral@colorado.edu.

Edit: It also sucks because it's not as easy to take public transportation from San Francisco to Palo Alto as it is to Berkeley. Hello CalTrain.

I saw that too, "Stanford Memorial Stadium" does not exist it has to be an error.

Hah. What a stupid mistake. That's like callilng Folsom Field Nebraska Memorial Stadium.

That's my buddy's name who forwarded me the email. Yes, it's weird, but his middle name is even weirder. I'm not a member of the alumni association, so I don't get the emails.

BTW alumni association is now free to all to join, you should.

Alumni Association emailed back, acknowledging the mistake it should be at Cal Memorial Stadium.

Alumni Association emailed back, acknowledging the mistake it should be at Cal Memorial Stadium.

Me, too.

In about three seconds, actually. I feel bad for whoever made the mistake, must feel awful, but it will soon be forgotten.
Seriously, CAL, Stanford, USC, UCLA, CAL Polytech ... all the same to me. Just some cookie-cutter anonymous California schools over which we are eternally supreme.
But it will be good to park in the correct city for the game.

Hi XXXXXXX:
Thanks for your note and I apologize for the confusion regarding the CU vs. Cal game location; it is being held at Cal Memorial Stadium in Berkeley. Hope to CU there

Looks like they've admitted their mistake and issued a correction.

CORRECTION: The CU vs. Cal game will be played at Memorial Stadium

Dear,

Oops, we goofed! The CU vs. Cal game will be played at Memorial Stadium on the Cal campus on Sept. 11. We want to apologize to our Buff fans and all those Cal fans out there for the confusion. We hope to CU in Cal in September. Sign up for events and hotel blocks at www.colorado.edu/roadbuffs.

Questions? Contact Becky Cabral at 303-xxxxxxxxxxx.

I once wrote a story for the newspaper with the headline:
"Council Approves Addition to Public Library"

Only I left the "L" out of "public."

So I only ache for someone who makes such a visible mistake, can happen to anyone.
You can bet the mistake-maker (whether Becky or the person who emailed her the copy "ready" to send out) feels like total carp.

I once wrote a story for the newspaper with the headline:
"Council Approves Addition to Public Library"

Only I left the "L" out of "public."

So I only ache for someone who makes such a visible mistake, can happen to anyone.
You can bet the mistake-maker (whether Becky or the person who emailed her the copy "ready" to send out) feels like total carp.

:lol: ISWYDT

Yeah, wouldn't have made much sense given they have stuff at Underhill planned for pregame. Glad to see that was a mistake

Back